MERGED ----> Guitar Tablature Archive? + The U2 Guitar Tab Archive Is Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flying FuManchu said:
??

Everything You Know Is Wrong = This is the general discussion area, primarily to be used for reactions and thoughts about U2.

:mad:

EYKIW is to be used for U2 topics that doesn't fit into any of the other specific U2 forums. This topic is a main concern to this forum, as is indicated by the thread that already existed here, which your thread was merged into.

Man, this does bite. I've been using the Archive for years. I've even posted a few songs. Is there anybody that would be willing to send me a link?

jameskrause at byu.edu

Really, this is utter shit. If it wasn't for the U2 Guitar Archive, I wouldn't know how to play half the U2 songs I can now. Tab books released by the band are generally shitty anyway - nowhere near as complete and accurate as some of the tabs fans had written.

This is lame indeed. :(

And sorry to be a nagger, but if anyone has the complete archive, please send it to stephanie[at]vanderlindes.com . I would greatly appreciate it, as I didn't save the files when I had the chance. You see, I never EVER thought that something like this would happen.

If you think about it, most tabs didn't even compete with official publications since they only deal with the album versions. Most tabs however dealt with how to play the live versions.

please can someone e-mail me the link for the guitar archive or send me it?

jtpreston66@hotmail.com

many many thanks if someone can help me!

I want to hope that U2 group members don't know nothing about this situation....or I have to think that Bono is good for speaking but now for some little more money he don't care nothing about his fans (like I am...or better say was since the situation it's not clear).I only want try to learn some live songs for my hobby and for my joy...and they are different from the album ones.

Razor, your email wasn't deliverable when I sent it to you before, that's why you didnt' get it.... I have set something up for all of you. Send an e-mail to:

U2guitararchive@yahoo.com

And you will get an auto-response.

Last edited:
I bet the band doesn't even know that this is going on. I'm sure if Edge was notified about how useful the archive has been to all of us, he would not agree with shutting it down. Can someone send me a link for the archive, normtwofinger@hotmail.com

What utter bastards...I don't know the exact laws on copyright and independent net guitar tabs but no-one's ever been miserly enough to try and enforce them...this certainly isn't going to make me any more likely to shell out £15(!) for one of their massively overpriced tab books though :mad:

stoven said:
Razor, your email wasn't deliverable when I sent it to you before, that's why you didnt' get it.... I have set something up for all of you. Send an e-mail to:

U2guitararchive@yahoo.com

And you will get an auto-response.

thanks, I emailed and got a response, but what am I supposed to do with the file? how would I open it and what would it do? it's only 1 kb...

Sorry but i'm paranoid about viruses and suchlike...

All I got was a 1kb file called 'noname' which I can't open with anything, and there wasn't a link :confused:

sorry to be awkward :huh:

That's weird, I have no idea why it would do that. I just set up a yahoo.com email account and it has this thing called "vacation response" so when you're on vacation, if anyone writes you, it will respond with a message of your choice. I just put the link in the message. Send an email to listenson AT hotmail.com and I will reply with the link.

:) No prob. So stupid we can't have these tabs on the site. It's not like we're going to go out and pretend to be the edge and make money lol.

stoven said:
:) No prob. So stupid we can't have these tabs on the site. It's not like we're going to go out and pretend to be the edge and make money lol.

:ohmy: you've discovered my secret plan :ohmy:

Flying FuManchu said:
I guess the U2 Guitar Archive will remain dead. People are willing to petition lyrics but I'm getting the feeling the guitar, bass, and drum tabs will die.

So....start a petition. You want it, get moving on it!

Back
Top Bottom