MERGED--> Adams bass rig + adams equiptment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wang_chung

The Fly
Adams bass rig

Hey everyone! Im just new to the forum so bear with me please, everyone here is so nice. Im starting to learn the bass guitar, and have Mr. Clayton to thank for it. Just wondering what setup he uses. From watching the chicago dvd i think he mainly uses fender bass guitars but thats all i know. Thankyou very much for your help..

adams equiptment

to the guy who asked about "the poshest member's" rig
i know he uses:
fender jazz basses
fender percision basses
that weird yellow popmart thing (Does anyone know where i can get a replica btw?)
fender strat (when they play "40" live)
ashdown amps
he used to use chorus effects for certain songs (eg new years day) and distortion on the pop album but im not sure what brands or models.
i think he uses herdim picks like edge now but im not sure

Last edited:
This tour (at least this leg of the tour)

Fender Jazz bass, dark green, maple neck

Fender Jazz bass, goldish-brown, maple neck with black blocks

Fender Jazz bass, sunburst, maple neck with black blocks

Fender Jazz bass, sunburst, rosewood neck

(2) Lakland Daryl Jones, one green, one natural, both with maple necks and blocks

Absent this year is the old Fender Precision bass he has used forever (I think its even shown on the Red Rocks film, and makes a few appearances on every film up to and including Slane.)

Last edited:
The infamous PopMart bass! It's an Auerswald. Here's a pic.

adam_clayton_bass.JPG

he uses ashdown rigs designed for the bass player for "the who" who died, he recorded the last two album with a ashdown combo amp with four 10" speakers. its a nice rig, i have it myself. he loves jazz basses, where in the past he would play precision basses. all are early 60's models exept the lakland's. i love the green fender jazz he is playing on this tour.

The Golden Lakland basses he uses have actually been fitted with a Jazz Bass neck as he finds them easier to manage i think.

Back
Top Bottom