Magnificent M13 settings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dude like I've already said, im talking about U2 sounds that are hard to get from alternative units not what other effects the A3 is capable of. I also never said it's a bad unit, not sure where you read that.

The written word can be an odd thing. Nuance can be lost. Seems that might have been the case, a bit here.

So to be clear, if the above statement was directed to me, I never said that YOU said the A3 was a bad unit or that the POG was a bad unit or the Line 6 M13 was a bad unit.

Here's are my points. I will try to be concise:

1) The recording submitted is good. But to my ears, not close enough to say "the Line 6 M13 or HD 500" does a convincing "Mysterious Ways".

2) The Line 6 gear does a great deal of things. It does some things better than others. You can get a lot of great U2 tones from an M13.

3) That said, there are some things that they M13 doesn't replicate convincingly enough for my ears. If they do for you, that is all that matters. That isn't to say my ears are right and yours are wrong. It is a mere judgment of my experience with the Line 6 M13.

a) I have not heard a 100% convincing POG sound. Guess that is due to the multiple parameters available to the POG.
b) I have not heard a 100% convincing "Mysterious Ways" A3-like 'Funk Wah' patch.

PS - Not to go all Rodney King about it but "can't we all get along". :lol: :up: :wave::wave:

Hey..
I forgot to say that I really appreciate the, positive and constructive, opinions you have made about my effort. If you want more from me and my FABULOUS M13, you only have to ask for it...
Thank UUUU!!

Hey..
I forgot to say that I really appreciate the, positive and constructive, opinions you have made about my effort. If you want more from me and my FABULOUS M13, you only have to ask for it...
Thank UUUU!!

Show us what you got! (And I mean that in a positive way). The M13 can do a lot of great Edge tones. I look forward to hearing/seeing more of your clips.

Cheers!

It's cool dude, I totaly understood what you were saying. What I didn't understand was the suggestion that I was saying the A3 was not capable of other tones or used on other songs, which was not what I said at all.

My perspective on it is that having an M13/pod HD that can cover most U2 sounds, the only thing I would buy an A3 for is to get the precise Mysterious Ways tone and I consider it too expensive to use on one song.

Edge once used his wah wah pedal for mysterious ways
just watch the 97 Tibet freedom concert. no A3 just
a plain old wah wah pedal lol
YouTube - ‪U2 - Mysterious Ways (Tibet Freedom Festival 1997-06-07)‬‏

ive heard 2 versions of mysterious with non korg units
the AXE FX and the M13 and both were really really good
with the AXE FX sounding the better but thats cause of
its price.only proper u2 gear heads would really know the
difference if they were watching a live band.the korg A3 is
the true sound if your willing to splash the ££ $$.
havnt heard any POD HD clips yet of the song..

now were did i put my Dunlop wah wah lol

cheers BB

"only proper u2 gear heads would really know the
difference if they were watching a live band"

Im agreeeee...

Edge once used his wah wah pedal for mysterious ways
just watch the 97 Tibet freedom concert. no A3 just
a plain old wah wah pedal lol

Woah, interesting! :ohmy: Thanks for sharing that.

Worth a try, but there's a reason he only tried it once! ;) IF you're gonna do it w/ a Wah pedal though, he's absolutely right about the strumming: If you strum up/down (like you would generally) it sounds no good, Edge is strumming down/up in the video and w/ the Wah you get some good sound out of that. Also, never forget the power of his 12-string, that's a massive part of the sound.

i agree mirrorballman the rickenbacker plays a big part of the sound.
reminds me i need to get my korg A3 Sorted needs a new battery
and then i can give it ago again..

Going back to the original post (Golfo) you said you have the line6
M13 well try comp/delay/a touch of octo shimmer and pitch shift from
sum other unit. i used a boss PS-5 pitch shifter to play the verses
in Magnificent (not perfect like the Pog) but sounded good to my ears
the organ sound lol :D

Sunday(elevation+vertigo tour) he used 43ms and kick's in another delay
around 300+ ms on the solo.the zoo tv tour the delay was a bit longer
430+ and low mix.Joshua tree im not sure but the SDD3K comes to mind
on Rattle+Hum.360 tour its the 60s strat and sounds alot like the last 2
previous tours..

cheers BB

Got a great deal on a brand-new POG (not POG2) the other day, can't wait for it to arrive. Have a question though: Edge uses the POG during the verses (and you can see him use his pedalboard at all sorts of versions, like on Letterman etc.), but does he also use the POG for that massive scratchy sound in between the main riff (on the album version it's as if Bono's also underlying it w/ a massively distorted "mag mag mag" and there's even a touch of wah in there I think:huh:)? Live he's not touching his pedalboard, but especially on this tour Dallas is doing 90% of the job downstairs.

Any ideas?

mirrorballman nice one on the POG :) how for into the studio
version is the massive scratchy sound? ill get a listen.the
Gretsch plays a part in the sound too as you prob know..
i use to play it live a while back with my band,but wasnt 100%
happy cause i didnt have the right guitar ect or spend enough
time on it ! lol

Back
Top Bottom