m13 u2 sounds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bpdred

Babyface
I recently purchased the m13 after viewing many youtube videos and forums in my quest to get the u2 sound. I have a line 6 spider 4 amp and a strat and i was wondering if anyone knows of or has any of the u2 settings on the m13? i am hoping for maybe some pics of the settings to make it easier to understand. all help is appreciated
happy.gif

There is a full 'scene' on the M13 called "On The Edge" which has all Edge related settings that you can tweak to your liking.

Just want to chime in here and say congrats!:applaud: Once you get it and after you've had plenty of time with it let us know how good it sounds. I'm very interested in this. I've really been questioning the 'shimmer' effect found on the Verbzilla. I know it's on there I just wonder if it's the same as the pedal. That's a big reason why I want an M13. Plus having cool modulation effects and good sounding delays. Oh and if you have not heard I think Line6 recently updated the software for the M13. It has a whole bunch of new sounds. Once again congratulations!:wave:

i still havent received the pedal yet but what do you mean by "scene"?

also what is a good amp since i pretty much have all the effects in the m13 and i dont really need an amp with a ton of effects but gives a warm clean tone?

Find a used Vox ADVT series amp. Or get one of the newer VT series. They don't cost much and they sound great, at least to me.

Ok, on the m13 you have 12 assignable footswitches. you can assign any effect you want to each of those footswitches.

a scene on the m13 is one lot of 12 footswitches. you can have stored another 12 lots of 12 footswitches.

However, when you receive the unit, each scene already has something stored on it. these scenes are either a bit gimicky, or an attempt at getting a famous guitarists sound down.

"on the edge" is a nice attempt at the edge sound. i was playing around with it yesterday, and with just the tube screamer (screamer) and the phaser on that scene, i had a pretty convincing Mysterious Ways going on (obviously played through my new Ric 330/12, just to rub it in a bit more :p)

Could someone post the settings for the 'On the Edge' scene?

I have M9 and there is no 'On the Edge' scene and I would like to set my M9 according to that scene.

i have had the m13 for about 2hrs now and am amazed at how many things are possible. It's definitely alittle confusing as far as how many different things there are but i think it is still worth the money.

Does the M13 have any sort of octave effect to get a sound similar to that from a whammy pedal?

EDIT: Upon further researching, a software update has added the "Pitch Glide" effect, and a lot of people have been saying the M13's Pitch Glide is BETTER than the Digitech whammy.

Better than an original WH-1 or the reissue?

Hard to imagine that Pitch Glide would sound more Edge Whammy worthy than what The Edge actually used, a Digitech WH-1 Whammy.

Does the M13 have any sort of octave effect to get a sound similar to that from a whammy pedal?

EDIT: Upon further researching, a software update has added the "Pitch Glide" effect, and a lot of people have been saying the M13's Pitch Glide is BETTER than the Digitech whammy.

i doubt it would sound more edge like then the pedal edge actually used, but as far as whammy goes it has been noted that the pitch glide on the m13 is better then the digitech whammy.

While were on the subject, does Edge use a whammy for the intro of Elevation, or it is something else?

For Elevation it is a Kay fuzz that is housed in a wah pedal (housed by a guy named Rabb and has been dubbed the 'Rabb' Fuzz) that Edge controls sorta like a wah only it's a fuzz. I might not be spot on about that though. Google "kay fuzz" and you'll see some stuff about it, ya know: youtube vids, schematics, etc. One guy nailed it on youtube. He plays in a tribute band (might be Joshua Tree??) but I can't remember which one.

While we're on the kay fuzz topic: wasn't there some guy (or store?!) some years back in the US who built some kay fuzz clones with some original components? I've benn looking for one for a while and ebay prices are astronomical as always.

Yeah that's what I hate about those. The prices will blow you away! Might be worth it depending on your view of it. Me, I'm not all that crazed about having one. Although I would take one if somebody offered.

There are a few folks out there that have made clones over the years. Apparently you can google Kay Fuzz and find the schematics to build one.

Yeah I'm aware of that, unfortunately that sort of thing is not exactly my cup of tea! :) Nonetheless I remember there was someone who'd make clones and please some U2 fans a couple years back! :D

Yeah that's what I hate about those. The prices will blow you away! Might be worth it depending on your view of it. Me, I'm not all that crazed about having one. Although I would take one if somebody offered.

It's crazy. Kay Fuzz, WH-1, Lovetone pedals...I understand they're "rarities," but the price boom has been ridiculous. Nonetheless, someday I'll sell one of my kidneys and buy the Meatball. :hyper:

Yeah I'm aware of that, unfortunately that sort of thing is not exactly my cup of tea! :) Nonetheless I remember there was someone who'd make clones and please some U2 fans a couple years back! :D

It's crazy. Kay Fuzz, WH-1, Lovetone pedals...I understand they're "rarities," but the price boom has been ridiculous. Nonetheless, someday I'll sell one of my kidneys and buy the Meatball. :hyper:

Meatball is nice. I have (3) Lovetone pedals (Meatball, Big Cheese and Brown Source). All lovely pedals.

They can be pricey. But worth saving some pennies to buy one. Same for an original Digitech WH-1.

Actually if you use an expression pedal to control the tone of the fuzz pedal you can get close enough in my opinnion. Same with the Pod XT/XT Live.

I've got the XT Live, I'll do a quick clip.

Edit: Here it is https://www.yousendit.com/download/dXFWZ280QTZtMEkwTVE9PQ

Good job! :up: I don't think it's possible to get any closer to that than actually having the real deal. Still, the KayFuzz has this incredibly dirty sound to it, which is very hard to nail with other fuzz effects. Also, with the expression pedal the volume drops just before each note. But now I'm just nitpicking! :)

There's an entire Kay sortiment currently up on eBay (4 effects, including the fuzz) for everyone who has some pocket money left! :D

the key component of the m13 is that you need the EQ on to get good sounds, IMO.

I use the parametric EQ with the boost comp + delay 1 + delay2/reverb in most clean tones, have a few to mess around with.

facial fuzz for Zoo Sta and Elevation (obvious with their own unique settings)

and I prefer the tube drive to the screamer on this one. haven't had figured out how to get the real screamer sound from the model screamer. Tube Drive tho perpetuates an Edge distortion rather well, however.

Back
Top Bottom