Line 6 POD X3 Live for U2 sounds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
It would take me a while to earn the money for one but how would the Line6 PODX3 Live work for getting those 'Edge sounds'? I want to go ahead and start planning whether or not I should go for one. I've heard some demos and it looks like it's pretty useful. I also know that Edge uses lots of Line6 stuff. So what should I do?

Having never used it, but also having looked at its features, I'd say you'd be able to nail quite a bit of the Edge sounds you're looking for. The big parts are the AC30 and delay obviously, and it has those in any flavor you'd really need, along with a lot of other effects he uses.

i have a pod xt live and it is a damn good unit. takes some tweaking but it puts out good tones. the only drawback is that you can only have one delay at a time, and to get that really sweet delay rhythm that Edge uses you need 2 delays. maybe the x3 has more than one delay; if it does, then perfect. these pods are a very decent alternative to building up a whole rack setup.

With the X3, you could run a splitter cable from your guitar into the two wholly separate inputs and have completely different amp models and effects chains for the two signals.

Back
Top Bottom