Let's hear your own versions of WTSHNN..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a bad version at all discotech. Just lower the repeats as you mentioned. Also there's an alternative Streets BT made by Edi which is a better version IMO. I'll post a link if you don't already have it.

Most rescent version I did was based on the Zoo Tv RTSS-Streets version, so it's joined with my cover of Running To Stand Still.

http://tinyurl.com/mg2ua

Sounds great! I especially like the Running to Stand Still medley.

Here's my attempt. My setup is Ibanez EX Series -> POD XT Live -> PC & Cubase.

I used the Line 6 Clean amp model with FX-Tube Driver and Ping Pong delay for the lead guitar.

For the 3rd verse I used my Crybaby wah pedal with the AC-30TB amp model

For the final chorus/outro I added some Mesa/Boogie (MS-Diamondplate) in the backgroud to get a Wall of Sound feel. I though that it was a pretty neat addition to the song.

Enjoy, and remember this is an artistic intpretation ;)

http://www. .com/files/5973688

Wow thats impressive guys!

How long are the delays you guys run?

Im running 350milliseconds and it feels a bit short. (Maybe my playing style?)

OK here's my take on the subject...

Done at home, all Line6 gear actually, including guitar, except for the strings and pick of course, and the oh-not-so-few glasses of red wine I consumed tonight before I came across this thread :)

So there are some clunkers in there;), but I thought it was in the spirit of things to do a whole take, instead of dropping in and fixing mistakes.

So here's the file (remove spaces)

http : / / tinyurl . com/l8lwz

cheers
LPS91

LPS91: I like the sound and your variations of the 3rd verse!

What amp and delay models are you using for this patch?

Also, which Variax model do you have, and what do you think of it?

DanZigs said:
LPS91: I like the sound and your variations of the 3rd verse!
Thanks, but I guess my "variations" are more me "winging it", instead of playing the part as played by Mr. Evans ;)

DanZigs said:
What amp and delay models are you using for this patch?
This would be Pod XT's AC-30 Top Boost model, with AC-30 2x12" cab, using the U-67 mic model

Drive is at 11:30 O'clock
Bass at 10 O'clock
Treble at 3:30 O'clock
Presence is Off

Channel Volume at 3 O'clock

Post-Amp Compressor set at -19 dB

Post-Amp Digital Delay-Model
Time 346 ms
Feedback 65%
Bass and Treble at 50%
Mix 40%
(I think I set it for the Slane DVD tempo originally, didn't change it for Edi's backing track :ohmy:

Then there's 30% mix of Lux Spring Reverb

DanZigs said:
Also, which Variax model do you have, and what do you think of it?
I have a Variax 300, I used the Strat model with Bridge and Neck pickups on.

I actually quite like the Variax, for what it is. It's OK sounding, definately better sounding than most if not all $500 dollar guitars out there, mine actually plays OK, could be better for sure, but not bad for a $500 guitar. And it's lovely to have all these guitar models available.

cheers
LPS91

This is one I did last year. Intro's horrible. Actually, all of it's rather horrible, but I tried and that's what counts, right? :wink:

EDIT: Oops, that was WUDM. :uhoh: Re-uploading the link.

http://s57.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0M9VF75MQ3IFQ0M7WFCUAG831H

Last edited:
Thanks LPS91. The tone for your patch sounds really great!! Except the delay feedback setting is REALLY high! I also like to have the stereo delay effect.

My variation - use either
1) Stereo delay:
Time 531ms, Offset 67%, FBKL 10%, FBKR 35% Mix 43%

or for less stereo separation
2) Ping Pong:
Time 531ms, Feedback 0%, Offset 67%, Spread 39%, Mix 43%

Im pretty much a newb at computer recording. But how do you record on to your computer? Do you hook your amp to your computer somehow?

I think I've perfected WTSHNN, I'd love to show you guys but i have no means of recording.

Recording onto your computer:

You will need an adapter that costs $5, which you can buy at radioshack - it may be called "3.5MM Mini Stereo Male to 1/4'' Female Stereo Convertor Adaptor"

If your amp has a line out jack, you can use that to send to your PC line in.

If you have a multieffects pedal with amp modeling, you do not need an amplifier at all, just output from the pedal to the line in on your sound card.

If your amp does not have a line out and your don't have a multieffects pedal, you can plug your guitar directly into the computer, again using that $5 adapter. You can use your computer as a multieffects processor using programs such as Guitar Rig 2, Amplitube and GuitarPort.

To actually do the recording, you can probably use any old program, but I highly recommend Cubase SX 3 as it has a fantastic interface for multitrack recording.

Now all this computer software can be quite pricey...

DanZigs said:
Thanks LPS91. The tone for your patch sounds really great!! Except the delay feedback setting is REALLY high! I also like to have the stereo delay effect.

My variation - use either
1) Stereo delay:
Time 531ms, Offset 67%, FBKL 10%, FBKR 35% Mix 43%

or for less stereo separation
2) Ping Pong:
Time 531ms, Feedback 0%, Offset 67%, Spread 39%, Mix 43%

Thanks for the comment

But I actually think the feedback settings are quite high on Streets (listen to the last guitar note and its delays on the Slane DVD).

You only notice high feedback settings when you make a mistake, I made a few during the recording and then you can hear it going off, but when you play in time it just helps build up the rhythm.

cheers
LPS91

Back
Top Bottom