Kite live from Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thefly418

War Child
does anyone have this tabbed out yet.......no one has it yet and i cant figure out the whole solo so if anyone has it could they please post it........a large thanks in advance

:bump:

This NEEDS to be made available. Someone's got to have gotten at least part of it.

As a matter of fact, I could use the entire lead guitar part tabbed out. I know the chords, but I don't know what Edge is playing.

Well... I saw this thread and sat down with my electric and figured the solo out pretty decently, I think. (It sounds alright to my ear at least). There are two problems, however:

1. I have no idea how to write down the tab. Is there a free program or something that I can use?

2. I don't have a high E string. It's relatively simple to make up for the E string with the B, but you have to reach up pretty high on the fret board to play some parts. Since I don't have an E string, I play all the high notes on the B string. So for everyone who actually has 6 strings on their guitars, you can probably make it easier at some parts and use the E string. But other parts I found are simpler without the E, so you might have to mute the E string at some parts.

I'm not totally sure of the exactness of every note, some parts I just mess around a bit and improvise, but it still sounds really good, IMO. I'll post it for sure if I can figure out how to tab it. :D

Last edited:
Yeah, for example, the smaller solo from earlier in the song would be similar to this (on the B string) with slashes representing the slide:

B ---12/14---17\16\12\10---12/14---17\16\12\9/10\7\5

Okay, I was just wondering if there was a program that made actually writing the tabs down easier. I know how to write tabs. Thanks though!! :D

I'm gonna submit it on ultimate-guitar.com and hopefully it's all right.

GeneralGripweed said:
Okay, I was just wondering if there was a program that made actually writing the tabs down easier. I know how to write tabs. Thanks though!! :D

I'm gonna submit it on ultimate-guitar.com and hopefully it's all right.

Guitar Pro is great for that

Alright, I'll definitely have to check those out sometime!! Thanks!!

For now, I tried to do it the long way on ultimate-guitar, and I sent it in yesterday. It said it'll probably take a few days, so I'll let you guys know when I see it.

Back
Top Bottom