it?s all about bass...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually when it comes to dream basses I HAVE to acquire I've narrowed the list to 4:

1) 1963/64 Hofner 500/1
2) 1962 Fender P-Bass
3) 1962 Fender Stack-knob Jazz
4) 1990's Les Paul Recording Bass

Then, and only then, will I be Lord of the Bass.

(well, you could also throw in a couple of Ashdown heads and cabs and I'm set)

AM- are you in Dublin? For some reason I thought you had mentioned you were.

Anyway I'm goint to be in the UK and Ireland in February- and hopefully before that if I can find a good deal on tickets, etc.
I'll give you head's up when I'm heading out there and maybe we can sit around and talk bass over a pint or two (or 20).

I used to live on the westcoast of Ireland for a while, but now I?m back in Iceland. Sorry, but I?m planning to spent some time in Ireland next summer. Maybe July/August.

For how long are you planning to stay in Ireland?

My bass instructor keeps telling me how much he likes my bass, so I keep telling him he can have it if he gets me a Lakland! :laugh: So I guess you can say that's my dream bass...lol! Someday I'll learn about different basses and how cool they are and all that other stuff....for now I'm just learning how to play! :D

clarityat3am said:
My bass instructor keeps telling me how much he likes my bass, so I keep telling him he can have it if he gets me a Lakland!

What are you playing now? I'm sure you've already mentioned but I can't remember.

Also the grand bass refinishing project near completion. I should be done this coming weekend.

DorianGray said:

Also the grand bass refinishing project near completion. I should be done this coming weekend.

you remember what you promised, Dorian :) I can hardly wait to see the result.

Clarity, I?m glad to hear that your lessons are great and that you?re having a good time. If you ever think of playing something else than Fender, try an Ibanez soundgear. That?s what I?m playing. :)

AM said:

you remember what you promised, Dorian :) I can hardly wait to see the result.

Clarity, I?m glad to hear that your lessons are great and that you?re having a good time. If you ever think of playing something else than Fender, try an Ibanez soundgear. That?s what I?m playing. :)

hey since we're in the gear recommending mode- I picked up a Takamine acoustic/electric bass about a month ago. Yes, I know an acoustic bass is almost an oxymoron- but this thing sounds pretty damn good. The only acoustic I played that sounded better was a Martin bass, but that was nearly $3000- the Takamine was a more manageable $550

And yes, I promise to post pics of the bass project. I'll either put them up Sunday night or Monday morning of next week.

BUMP- Hey all, no bass players on here since last fall?

I was in Dublin 2 weeks ago and got to play through a great Ashdown rig. It was the same rig Adam used in the studio (not the one he used on tour).

It was a 500W 4x10 combo and it was amazing. Ashdowns also have this great subharmonic feature that plays a dropped octave. I think it almost rearranged my innards. It creates this great physical sound- I made one lady leave the store because of the vibration and my brother, who was upstairs, said the floor and walls were shaking up there. And I didn't even come close to red-lining the power.

Anyone else here played anything like that? Anything you'd recommend?

Back
Top Bottom