It might get loud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7cs

The Fly
I'm looking forward to see this film/documentary on electric guitar.
Here's the official link It Might Get Loud
Anyone has seen it??

I think there is a lot of stuff in the film about edge's effects and guitar style.
I love Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin (probably the best guitar riff creator) and Jack White (the White Stripes) too.

I have found just the press conference on youtube and some reviews... not an image or a sound from the movie!!!!

Any suggest??

I'm looking forward to see this film/documentary on electric guitar.
Here's the official link It Might Get Loud
Anyone has seen it??

I think there is a lot of stuff in the film about edge's effects and guitar style.
I love Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin (probably the best guitar riff creator) and Jack White (the White Stripes) too.

I have found just the press conference on youtube and some reviews... not an image or a sound from the movie!!!!

Any suggest??

It premiered as Toronto Film Festival a few months back. There has been no wide release yet.

I have heard that a film distributer has bought the rights and it should be released (probably only to smaller art house theatres) in the spring.

Hopefully there will be a DVD with tons of bonus fun not long after.

I am not sure it is about The Edge's effects per se. The idea was to interview each of the three separately and collectively and learn how they create music; what inspires them. It is about songwriting and what inspires them to play guitar and write.

"It's a musical journey". =O)

Please use this thread to post news about the film.

Let's join together to ask for a dvd full of goodies!!!!!!!!!

This is the email of the film company co-president.

Robbie Little
Co-President
robbie@thelittlefilmcompany.com

Let's make a popular petition!!!!

Guitar rules :rockon:

from U2.com | U2.com

Loud In Berlin

Edge and Adam were in Berlin tonight for the European premiere of 'It Might Get Loud'.

"It's not just about the technical side or the music,' says Edge, 'But the personal journeys that have brought the three of us to doing what we do.'

I think the movies great, but I dont know why Jack White is in it. There are much better guitarists today than him...

I think the movies great, but I dont know why Jack White is in it. There are much better guitarists today than him...

It's okay if you don't appreciate Jack White. But obviously the director does.

Why? Well, because Jack White is a good guitar player. He's in 2 successful band (White Stripes and Raconteurs). He produced a Grammy Winning album for Loretta Lynn. Even Bob Dylan has covered White Stripes songs.. Rollings Stones invited Jack to play on "Loving Cup" in their "Shine A Light" movie... So there are good reasons that the director did select Jack. Seems that the director, many music fans and many of his fellow musicians respect his playing and songwriting.

That is the point of the movie - not just guitars but songwriting with guitars.

Wow, the movie preview is WOW!!!!!!!

I've read on an italian blog that during the movie Page and The Edge had "some moments of tension" and "a little brawl" due to their different music background"!!!!! link BIGLIETTI CONCERTI U2 IN ITALIA: JAM AND TALK: THE EDGE CON JIMI PAGE E JACK WHITE IN UN DOCUMENTARIO

I would like to say something about jack white...
The only song I knew from the white stripes was "7 nation army" because it was the hymn tune of italian supporters during the last soccer world cup (yes... we're world champions) and they are not so famous in europe as in the US, but now I've downloaded some of their albums (elephant, white blood cells) and I'm very happy to have discovered this guitarist. His sound has got a deep personality, great power, it's very easy and simple but it takes guitar playing to a higher level and creates an original athmosphere. I love it! "7 nation army" guitar riff is often inside of "best guitar riffs of all time" charts around the web.

I suggest to those who doesn't know this guitarist to take a listen to his music, even something like this video with Alicia Keys and you'll understand what I mean.

YouTube - Alicia Keys & Jack White - Another Way To Die [Official Video]

LA area release date

Laemmle theaters is showing a release date of August 21 at their Pasadena theater. It's a long ways off but I know I'll be there.

Doesn't Laemmle have theaters in Santa Monica and in the Westside Pavillion too?

Yeah, they have theaters all over the LA area, but they sometimes only show "arty" films at Pasadena 7. I had to go there to see "Once." I'm hoping as the release date approaches "It Might Get Loud" will get a wider release. I mean, these are three guitarists who each have a huge fan base.

It's definitely worth seeing in a theater if you're a tone freak. Jimmy's Les Paul at the beginning is so awesome.:drool: I won't spoil any Edge scenes but if you're a regular reader of this sub-forum, you have to see (and HEAR) this movie. I hope it's playing near you and if it is, enjoy your weekend.:wave: I can't wait to see it again.

I'm looking forward for a dvd... so I can see it a couple thousand times!
If anyone knows where to find it online please PM me:shh:

I saw "It Might Get Loud" again tonight. I saw it a few weeks back at the LA Film Festival. Director Davis Guggenheim, Producer Lesley Chilcott and the head editor Greg (last name is escaping me) were at tonights prime-time showing for some Q&A.

Before the film, Davis dedicated tonights screening to Les Paul and read some facts about Les from his recent obituary and pointed out how Les and his drive and innovation made it possible for Jimmy, Jack and Edge to do what they do.

As mentioned a few weeks back, after seeing Edge always playing "...Boots" on his `66 Blonde Tele, it's interesting to see him playing it on his red `66 Gibson SG while working on the tune and again in another part (while working on the tune) he's seen playing the `63 Gretsch Country Gentleman. One or both or neither may have ended up in the final mix.

Go see the film! It is great to see in on the big screen in a theatre. So be sure to see it.

Yes there will be a DVD but you should still see the released version in a theater. Nice experience.

Yes, I said it - DVD. It should be out December 29th, per Lesley Chilcott and YES there is tons of extra footage that will be 'bonus features and easter eggs', per Lesley.

One of the neat parts in the 'Summit' of all three at WB soundstage is when they all play together on each others songs. They all play "Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground" (The White Stripes), "I Will Follow" (U2, obviously) and "In My Time Of Dying" (Led Zeppelin) with all playing and trading slide guitar licks. GREAT stuff.

That said, other tunes that were filmed but didn't make the final film (and will be bonus fun for the DVD) are "7 Nation Army" (The White Stripes), "Bullet The Blue Sky" (U2) and "KASHMIR" (Led Zeppelin) - which is my second favorite song - EVER - behind "...Streets"

I got to ask a question during the Q&A and simple asked: Did you submit a list of requests of a song or three from each to work up and play with one another. Davis said no. In fact, he said that all three didn't see one another before they met on the soundstage. So there was no sharing notes amongst them ahead of time. He said he got a bit worried because at first they were talking alot - all good and part of the interview and learning about one another - but that they didn't immediately start playing together. He said he was a bit worried and then Jimmy Page reached back and grabbed his Les Paul Standard and started playing "Whole Lotta Love" which Davis said got things rolling with the playing and was like Jimmy threw the guantlet down.

There is one acoustic tune that they all played, "The Weight" by The Band. It wasn't scripted and was Edge idea to play, per Davis. They were learning it on the spot! The cool thing being that "The Last Waltz" is universally accepted as one of the best music documentary's out there. So to have a The Band tune and acknowledge that film as they aspired to make something that good, made Edge's suggestion the perfect song to end the film.

There you have it. Now mortgage a lung so you have the price for a small popcorn and go see the film - Great stuff!

Thanks for the review. I'm really happy to hear you say that this is not a stinking movie, now I'm looking forward to see it more than before. I hope it doesn't take too long to come around me (Italy).

Let's keep in touch and don't forget to upgrade this thread in case of news about the movie or the dvd.

Thanks for the review. I'm really happy to hear you say that this is not a stinking movie, now I'm looking forward to see it more than before. I hope it doesn't take too long to come around me (Italy).

Let's keep in touch and don't forget to upgrade this thread in case of news about the movie or the dvd.

As mentioned, the DVD will be out (per producer Leslie Chilcott) on 22nd of December. And (again, per Leslie Chilcott) there is a lot of bonus footage that will be added for the DVD.

That said, still very much worth seeing it in a theatre. Not sure when there will be a theatrical release in Europe.

Keep checking back at:
It Might Get Loud – Release Dates

Thus far the release schedule only shows US dates but I'd imagine it will get a UK/European/Australia/Japan release date.

Yes, I said it - DVD. It should be out December 29th, per Lesley Chilcott and YES there is tons of extra footage that will be 'bonus features and easter eggs', per Lesley.

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

God knows when IMGL will come to Europe (I've seen some release dates for Germany, but its premiere in my city is quite unlikely, though there's still hope), but I can't wait for the DVD.

i cant wait to see it either:drool: hope a cam version
appears to tide us over till the DVD release...

it looks Awesome!!!

great news indeed:up: i want to buy the Blueray version
but will need a Blueray player. ill either get a playstation
3 or just a standard player. the prices are pretty good
just now in the uk for the players. 99pounds and upwards

Back
Top Bottom