Is there a good pedal for switching between a few different pedal orders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hatrickpatrick

The Fly
I have 4 multi effect pedals (Boss ME50, Behringer V Amp 2, Korg A3, and Digitech RP200A), and I was wondering, is there any pedal or board out there which would allow you to switch the order these pedals appear in your chain? I believe edge has one for stomp boxes, but I forget what it's called... Anyone know if such a product exists?

1) sell the ME50, V Amp 2, and RP200A

2) use the money to get an FC6 controller for the A3

3) use the rest of the money to get a good distortion box (or boxes)

The Edge uses the Skrydstrup controller/switchers during the Vertigo tour. From ZOOTV - before Vertigo, he used Bradshaw units and before that... the (no longer made) Boss SCC-700.

Jimmy Page and David Gilmour use contollers made by Pete Cornish (IK manufacturer)

But there is a fairly cheaper option:

Ground Control GCX is probably the best way to go, in order to have a switcher that will integrate various effects.

http://www.buyanalogman.com/product_p/voodoo lab ground control pro.htm

Cheers~!

Edge_Orchestra said:
The Edge uses the Skrydstrup controller/switchers during the Vertigo tour. From ZOOTV - before Vertigo, he used Bradshaw units and before that... the (no longer made) Boss SCC-700.

Jimmy Page and David Gilmour use contollers made by Pete Cornish (IK manufacturer)

But there is a fairly cheaper option:

Ground Control GCX is probably the best way to go, in order to have a switcher that will integrate various effects.

http://www.buyanalogman.com/product_p/voodoo lab ground control pro.htm

Cheers~!

None of those will actually switch the order that things are connected. They will switch things on and off in any combination with one button push.

There is a unit that will switch things around as well as turn them on or off.

Sound sculpture is the company. The product is called a switchblade. (I have one) There are several versions that have either 8 or 16 inputs and outputs.

You still need a MIDI controller that will tell the switchblade what to do. Some good ones are Ground Control Pro, Axess FX1, or Skrdstrup SC1. There are others that will work too.

Tgravlin said:

There is a unit that will switch things around as well as turn them on or off.

Sound sculpture is the company. The product is called a switchblade. (I have one) There are several versions that have either 8 or 16 inputs and outputs.

With the switchblade, can you also split the guitar input signal, and then run each signal through different delays and then through seperate amps? Thanks!

monroe said:

With the switchblade, can you also split the guitar input signal, and then run each signal through different delays and then through seperate amps? Thanks!

Yes. A Switchblade will route anything to anything else in any order. You can have a series path on one setup and then a parallel path on the next preset .... even in the same song ... with one button push.

Back
Top Bottom