is edge a drive pedal nut???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hithere

Babyface
I have a love hate drive pedal feeling. I have a twin reverb which I love and wish I didn't have to get another amp to do dirt.

Yet I recently came upon some stuff that is making me reconsider.

Edge is with out a doubt the one player in the world who make me go he uses that..... than I will too.

I first remember hearing on "How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" Edge was ordering many of the those Line 6 DM4s so that he could save his settings, and that requested a rack from line 6.

I have to say after reading some of these pages on his gear, I am keeling over.

The edge world

Effects

Highlights from the second one include:

BOSS SD-1 SUPER OVERDRIVE:

The Edge's distortion of choice during the BOY through POP era recordings and live applications. The SD-1 was replaced by an Ibanez TubeScreamer for the Elevation 2001
tour.

ELECTRO-HARMONIX "BIG MUFF PI":

This Distortion/Sustainer was used extensively during the BOY thorugh WAR era's it was again used during ZOO TV for the solo on LOVE IS BLINDNESS. It was also utilized during the ELEVATION 2001 World Tour. This is a vintage US version and NOT the Sovtek/Russian re-issues.

IBANEZ TS-9 "TUBE SCREAMER"

Edge said, in the January 2001 Guitar Player interview, that he used this as his main distortion, without being too `in your face'. This took the place of the BOSS SD-1 in his Elevation 2001 Tour Rack.

The key words here are MAIN. This leads me to think not boosting, but a core sound. From those links you will find he uses quite a bit of dist/od pedals.

So someone please crush my dreams and tell me that's just not how it is. Because if edge is using all pedals, I will go buy a huge board, a true bypass loop, and go pedal crazy.

Back
Top Bottom