Invisible Guitar Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't wait to see what guitar edge uses tonight !

Then again… so far the ONLY song that they've confirmed is 'Ordinary Love' (Acoustic). I'm guessing that one of the J-200's will be used for OL.

Should be good. If they play 'Invisible'… Probably the Explorer? But I would be happy to see the Gretsch Jet used.

I just hope that Larry is playing his 'Big Boy' drums and not the cocktail kit.

Hey everyone! I guess my account went inactive so I had to recreate it...I did a bass cover for Invisible, and I love how it turned out. The video is choppy due to my webcam being weird and not working properly, but it's okay. I hope you enjoy!

U2 - Invisible Bass Cover - YouTube

Then again… so far the ONLY song that they've confirmed is 'Ordinary Love' (Acoustic). I'm guessing that one of the J-200's will be used for OL.

Should be good. If they play 'Invisible'… Probably the Explorer? But I would be happy to see the Gretsch Jet used.

lol me too!

and they played "Invisible'" about 4 times lol so we should see it tonight !

You got your wish!!

Ok! A few things I noticed from the Invisible performance:

- The "synth" effect is much lower in the mix when played live, so there is more of a balance between guitar and synth sound. On the album the synth is much more powerful - will play around with this today on my presets!

- Edge plays that lead part with a bend instead of a slide, live at least. Interesting!

- I think I got the guitar parts in the verse correctly, but when played live at least the 8th note delay is a bit higher up in the mix. (you can especially tell this in the second verse)

- Edge plays the big crunchy chords, looks like standard tuning maybe? Not sure about this, will have to watch a few more times.

- It sounded GREAT live! Especially the solo. :applaud:

Gretsch Electromatic G5623 Bono RED Guitar

Thanks to Chris for passing on the info. Looks cool. The pickups are similar to those on the Electromatic Duo Jets - they sound pretty good.

Also new this year is the Gretsch G5620 Bono RED Electromatic guitar. Details are scarce currently, but it’s evident that Gretsch are supporting the RED Cause, founded by Bono, which seeks to provide aid and support to those affected by diseases including HIV AIDS.

The guitar is an Electromatic Centre-Block and features the RED branding and RED finish.

Gretsch Electromatic New 2014 Colours | Andertons Blog

Link to guitar (Presently says not available to buy. I suspect that will change soon):

Gretsch Electromatic G5623 Electric Guitar in Bono Red | Andertons

Back
Top Bottom