Intro One LIVE 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chezPaul

The Fly
Anyone could tab this one? I refer to the intro that Edge played before One.

Thx a lot

its not the same thing as the city of blinding lights intro

but i dont have a clue what he does either

I thought it was called gated reverb? Kinda like jimi heendrix on Castles made of sand

Pretty sure it's a reverse delay from his Eventide, set to 100% wet. He played this in London too...

A ver si te vale esto chez:

1ª idea (la manera mas facil)

1-12-12-12/-10-10-/-5-5-5-/-7--7------
2----------------------------------------------
3----------------------------------------------

2º idea

1-12-12-12/-10-10-/8/10-7-5-5-/-7--7--7--
2----------------------------------------------
3----------------------------------------------

Tengo la duda en un pequeño slide q hace muy deprisa y viendo el video hace como una especie de acorde cuando llega al fret 5

Ah q no se olvide meter mucho delay y si teneis lo necesario para hacer el sonido "shimmer " tambien!!!!!

Seguramente q este todo erroneo asi q acepto correciones, sugerencias.........

Espero q os sirva de algo chavales :wink::wink: :wink:

I have read myself all the rules and I have not seen anything that itself cannot be written in español????

If I have written this time in español is because my friend chezpaul understands better the español that the English

In the Spanish forums all the languages are welcome

I feel it if I have offended someone :rolleyes: :wink:

The sound "Shimmer" is that that seems sound of an orchestra. you can listen it in the songs: Wowy, running Zootv, UF, Intro of Ultraviolet, Miracle drug Live.....

That "sound" is obtained with this processor of effects: AMS 1580 S DMX

More information Offaxis:

WHAT IS "SHIMMER"?

During the recording of The Unforgettable Fire, The Edge & Brian Eno used an unique sound often mistaken as keyboards or strings on such songs as “4th Of July”, With or without you", "All i want is you" (live version) and "Love is blindness" (live version) to name a few. Listen closely for what sounds like an atmospheric string keyboard sound - but is actually Edge playing the guitar heavily treated through an AMS 1580s harmonizer/delay with reverb. Often these sounds are included on multi-effect units and usually referred to as string pads.

:( Alas, I am only in spanish 1010 and can only understand some of what you have said. At least I recognized that you are from Spain because of your use of the vosotros form :)

Edge 1982 said:
More information Offaxis:

WHAT IS "SHIMMER"?

During the recording of The Unforgettable Fire, The Edge & Brian Eno used an unique sound often mistaken as keyboards or strings on such songs as “4th Of July”, With or without you", "All i want is you" (live version) and "Love is blindness" (live version) to name a few. Listen closely for what sounds like an atmospheric string keyboard sound - but is actually Edge playing the guitar heavily treated through an AMS 1580s harmonizer/delay with reverb. Often these sounds are included on multi-effect units and usually referred to as string pads.

Pretty close explanation. The shimmer effect is often mistaken for keyboards and sounds like a keyboard. The signal is split right at the beginning so that you still hear the normal guitar sound, making it seem more like keyboards. The sound is not found on most effect units though. A string pad effect is very different than shimmer, you could accomplish a similar sound, but not exact. The shimmer is actually a internally fedback pitch shifted delay. For instance, the first delay is an octave higher than the original note, the next delay is two octaves higher, next is three, etc. It only goes so far otherwise you start breaking glass. If then gets a heavy dose of plate reverb. Because it is constantly shifting that's what give it the "swell"-like effect. The best example of this is Running to Stand Still on Zoo TV. All that sound is Edge's rig. There are only a handful of units that can do this sound. The AMS is one, but I think Edge uses the Eventide Eclipse now. The new Line 6 Verbzilla has a reverb called Octo that sounds similar and it only costs $150. It's the poor man's shimmer. There are some other units, but the demand is high enough as it is. If someone wants to find out what they are do some research.

i just bought the Line 6 Verbzilla yesturday and it's fantastic! it sounds exactly like the shimmer edge uses, can't tell the difference.

I've just bought one myself for the sole reason of creating something like Edge's shimmer and am currently awaiting its delivery. I'm delighted to hear that soemone else has got one and is happy with it !! Cheers!!

I am able to get shimmer from Native Insrument's Reaktor. I tweaked one of the ensemble reverb patches to add extra reverb and pitch shifting into a feedback loop and presto!... Shimmer. It sounds pretty close to the COBL intro of the Chicago Vertigo DVD

Back
Top Bottom