In New England or NYC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mgv99

Babyface
I *highly* recommend going to see this tribute band:

Boston's awesome U2 tribute band, Joshua Tree (MySpace.com - The Joshua Tree - Boston, Massachusetts - Rock / Other - www.myspace.com/joshuatreemass), has one of their biggest gigs ever this Saturday, 8pm, at
Lowell Auditorium. Tickets are $8 (Lowell Memorial Auditorium). The show will be over by 11, and Lowell is about 50 minutes northwest of Boston by car.
From their website:
Joshua Tree will celebrate the 25 year anniversary of the live EP Under A Blood Red Sky with an impressive recreation of U2's first concert video Live At Red Rocks followed by an encore set spanning U2's full catalog. As Boston’s premier tribute to U2, The Joshua Tree pride themselves with their ability to generate a unique musical experience that does not lend itself to impersonations.

Without compromising artistic integrity, the band has gone to great lengths to reproduce the distinct sound of one of the world’s most popular rock bands. Unique to The Joshua Tree is their dedication to the entire U2 songbook, including early fan favorites from the 1980-1987 period (Boy, October, War, The Unforgettable Fire, and The Joshua Tree).

Playing each song with the same intensity and emotion, the band covers all phases of U2’s career from their first album Boy to the most recent, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.

For more information about Joshua Tree, visit the band's website: Joshua Tree Band - Premier U2 Music Tribute - Boston, Mass.
These guys don't dress up like U2 (which IMHO is a plus), but they've got the sound down pat- listen to the samples on their website. I'm not a cover band fan except for them, and other U2ers I've brought to their gigs have said the same.

While I'm at it, they happen to have a gig at BB King's in Times Square this Friday, and one at Mohegan Sun (CT) on Monday. More info on their website.

That's all, folks! :)

Back
Top Bottom