I'm buying a new electric guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pero

Refugee
I want to buy new guitar, decent amp and some effects that aren't too expensive.(to 1000$ for all)
I don't want Strat because everyone has it.
Help me with guitar.

everyone has one because they are excellent guitars. ;)

if you want to stand out for your non-comformist's shaped guitar rather than what you're playing on it, I reccomend something like a Flying V or something by Ibanez...

Effects I'd reccomend a Boss ME-50 multi-effects or a Digitech. ME-50 is much easier to use though thanks to the whole seperate stompbox thing they have going there.

Amp, Peavey Bandit 112. I don't know about any others but I'm using a Bandit and the sound and tone is incredible!

Are these your first guitar/effects/amp?

Amps: If you want to play something like u2 I would recommend Fender (Deluxe Plus or something like that) - great clean.
Or - as Gareth said - peavey bandit /peavey studio pro.
Effects - Pod XT - there is possibility to connect via USB to your computer (or Pod 2.0 if you don't have enough money).

Last edited:
guitar -- i have an epipone explorer and its soo fucking good. a les paul would also be good and will probably have a wider range of tone, but the explorer tone is killer.

Yeah, thank you, that will be my first own electric guitar. My friend borrowed me his for few months and that was in September. :wink:

I'd pick up a Mexi Strat or Tele!! A VOX practice Amp and a Boss delay pedal and maybe a good fuzz/distorion pedal.

Back
Top Bottom