Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

netminder0

The Fly
I just bought a used TS-9, and I was interested in some others' opinions. I'm not completely sure I want to keep it. I don't know if the effect it has on the signal makes that much difference for what I want. I guess I just want to hear others' ideas/experience with this effect. Thanks.

I think it's used for UTEOTW...I THINK so...But I have played with it before and it's an awesome pedal!

Do you think that it changes your guitar's signal a lot, or just some? I know it boosts my signal (gives me some feedback). But I can't seem to get a real distorted signal. Maybe I just don't know the right settings yet. I don't know.

TS-9 was Edge's main overdrive on the Elevation tour, it replaced the SD-1. Now he uses the DM-4 for a lot of his overdrive sounds so who knows

it adds a bit of mid hump to your sound, but more or less it keeps the overall feel and sound of your guitar and amp intact.

ITs a good usable pedal as a gain box or as a cleaner booster to drive a tube amp.. there are tons of mods for it as well as botique versions with more gain more bass, less mids less highs.. you name it.

Back
Top Bottom