Humbucker help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Pac_Mule

Refugee
For all those who know how to change their own pickups....I recently purchased two new humbuckers for my les paul..and I decided to put them in myself :) The bridge was easy, since it was a single-conductor pickup (Seymour Duncan '59). However, the neck was a little more tricky (SD Alnico Pro II), but I got it in, at least I thought I did. When I went to test it, the bridge worked good, but the neck had an extremely low output. I went back in, tried to fix it, no good. The diagram I used:
Wiring Diagram

I am fairly certain I got the black wire soldered onto the capacitor pretty good, because I desoldered the green and bare wire from the pot, forgot I did desoldered them, tested the guitar again, and got the same really low output from the neck, even though the green and bare wires weren't even soldered onto the pot. Is there any special way they need to be soldered onto the pot? And I also want to confirm that you dont need to do anything with the red and white wires....

Help is appreciated, I really dont wanna spend more money taking this guitar in :wave:

Back
Top Bottom