How to make your guitar sound like Edge's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWlondnr

The Fly
I've spotted a way where you can figure out edge's delay,
if you watch/listen to the slane castle tour before some songs,
Edge plays a percussive note probably to test the guitar and you can count how many feedbacks there are
:D I'm not sad I just notice small things.

And the ringing sound Edge regularly uses the ermm can't remember but switch the pickup to the right [away from you] then switch it the left one then you get the jingly sound, it's really nice with delay sounds almost like edge's sound

You can hear Edge play a "dead" chord, as I call it, as he tests his delay ("Bad" from Boston is easy to hear, just off the top of my head.)

For Bad, Streets, and Pride, and probably all of the songs that the Edge plays with his Strat, Edge uses the neck/middle pickup setting. If the setting all the way pointing to the headstock is #1, and the setting all the way at the other side, pointing to the other side is#5, then Edge uses the "#2" setting. On the R&H video, on Streets, it sounds like Edge uses the "#4" setting, especially when he plays those harmonics at the end.

I hope you understood that lol.

Hey, one question. On EBTTRT, when Edge plays that 7 on the G string (lol), when he "shakes" the string, sometimes you can hear it ring, and make a really cool high-pitched sound. How can you make your gutiar do that? It's so cool!

if the sounds ultra high then it would be a pinched harmonic, you play the note on the pick edge and tap the side of your thumb on the string to create the high pitched sound, you might need a more sensitive pickup setting to pick the sound up sometimes but it works most of the time

SWlondnr said:
I've spotted a way where you can figure out edge's delay,
if you watch/listen to the slane castle tour before some songs,
Edge plays a percussive note probably to test the guitar and you can count how many feedbacks there are

Is rather helpful, yes...but I didn't really notice anything on Slane (why the hell am I discussing this?!) just watch the Red Rocks video and you'll see he does it all the time (listen to the deleted stuff as well...)

I always use that part form the "boston DVD"...before the beginning of streets.......to get my delay right.....
And for an edge sound I'm used to pick one string while just touching another string with my other finger....just slightly touch it without letting it ring.....I ALWAYS do that.......
Hope that makes sense

Back
Top Bottom