how to make a clean fx loop setup like edge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hithere

Babyface
I have a twin reverb (that doesn't need effects in an fx loop, and a marshall jvm (that does need effects back there)

I need to a/b these two amps. And using the 4 cable method to simply want to use a tuner up front and a delay in back is frustrating.

It also presents the problem, that I can't use the delay with the twin and would need a different delay because the other is stuck in the marshalls loops. I am an effects fan and wanted to someday have the access of something like the tc.

What would allow me to easily do a setup like this, and keep the brain in my backline? and just do the switching up front/split my signal straight into the twin?

I would really appreciate the help!

Radial BigShot ABY true bypass AB-Y switcher

possibly try one of these? or the more expensive version?

simple a/b/y switch.run your effects like this:

guitar -> tuner ->(cable running back towards your amps) delay ->(cable running back out to front) a/b/y switcher ->(two cables running back towards amps) one cable into each amp.

easy enough? i used to do this with a fender and marshall amp too, except i keep all my effects on the floor up front.

otherwise im not quite sure. the edge's midi system is quite a complex (and fucking expensive) computer.

Back
Top Bottom