How many Strats does Edge take on tour with him?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the Strat songs he seems to use a different one for each. Pride, Streets, Still Haven't Found, Bad are all different Strats. He uses a non-capo'd 70's Strat for MOS but that may also be his Bad/AIWIY Strat, and now possibly his guitar of choice for The Fly. So at the very least there are 4 which we see plus the back ups in the underworld.

Not sure if anyone knows the right answer, But i thought i might ask. Edge used two different strat's the other night, I noticed because of the guitar strap.

• Fender 1968 Tobacco Stratocaster w/Rosewood Neck - "Pride..." and "Sunday Bloody Sunday".
  • Fender 1973 Black Stratocaster w/Maple Neck (all black) - "...Streets..."

There are two black and white Stratocasters:
  • Fender 1974 Black Stratocaster w/Maple Neck
  • Fender 1976 Black Stratocaster w/Maple Neck

Also... per the Music Radar Online article from October of 2009, there is a cream finish 1973 Stratocaster on the tour. (Backup guitar)

:lol: Don't worry there will be no killing tonight. :D I'm actually liking him playing it on the Strat again. It was interesting on the Vertigo Tour with the Line 6 Variax Acoustic but the Strat seems to be the perfect selection for this song. The Les Paul was pretty cool too on Elevation Tour.

He is using 2 strats. The on for the fly is the "2" with the bridge with gold hardware? I think is named. An MOS is a "3"? With cromated hardware look pictures

He is using 2 strats. The on for the fly is the "2" with the bridge with gold hardware? I think is named. An MOS is a "3"? With cromated hardware look pictures

With nickel vintage bridge/saddles:

p4030063_4759.jpg

p4030062_4758.jpg

With brass modern bridge/saddles:

You can also see the wear on the top, near the bridge on this one... and the nicks on the top of the body behind the bridge.

London-2001-08-22-2.jpg

London-2001-08-22-1.jpg

BlackandWhiteStrat-10.jpg

200520-20Vertigo20Tour2F2005-03-2820-20San20Diego2F7223597.jpg

Bridge-Middle: Streets, Bad, Pride, ISHFWILF, All I Want is You, Love Rescue Me
Bridge: Gloria, An Cat Dubh, SBS, The Fly
Neck: Bullet the Blue Sky, Moment of Surrender, Stuck in a moment

and many other

Strat "1" Blackie: Streets and "40" i forgot that one
Strat "2": ISHFWILF, Bad, AIWIY, BTBS, The Fly, Gloria, An Cat Dubh, Love Rescue Me
Strat "3": MOS
Strat Sunburst: Pride, SBS
Strat Natural: Stuck in a moment

Strat "1" Blackie: Streets and "40" i forgot that one
Strat "2": ISHFWILF, Bad, AIWIY, BTBS, The Fly, Gloria, An Cat Dubh, Love Rescue Me
Strat "3": MOS
Strat Sunburst: Pride, SBS
Strat Natural: Stuck in a moment

Dallas mentioned these in the Muris Radar Online article:

• Fender 1973 Stratocaster (Cream w/Maple Neck - Edge used in Pittsburgh, if memory serves
  • Fender 1968 Stratocaster (Tobacco w/Rosewood Neck
  • Fender 1973 Stratocaster w/Maple Neck (Blackie)
  • Fender 1976 Stratocaster w/Maple Neck (Black/White pkgrd)
  • Fender 1974 Stratocaster w/Maple Neck (Black/White pkgrd)
Stuck In A Moment... Stratocaster (as mentioned).

Also there are the red, yellow and charcoal Clapton's from the Love Town tour (Charcoal also seeing use during the ZOO tour)

There are backups for most of those that were on the tour. Per Dallas, usually of similar vintage/year.

Plus judging by the pic of Edge in the HQ storage room (Q magazine a few years back), there are probably many more.

i was refering about the usual guitar. later there are teh backup's

Can vary from tour to tour.

360 tour was the 1973 (Blackie), 1974 and 1976 (Black w/white pickguard). The `68 tobacco finish...

The cream Stratocaster is possibly Dallas/Edge consider it a backup to on of the other Strats... but it was used at at least one show - I think Pittsburgh but I'd have to go back and look at my notes.

The SIAM Strat was used at least once, as well.

But in general... there are probably tons more at HQ.

Back
Top Bottom