hey guitar pickups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clayu215

Babyface
i have a Epiphone les paul standard and im thinking bout putting different pickups in it, may be gibson ones, not sure yet, any suggestions, to get like an Edge sound.. let me know

I don't know exactly which model you've got but the factory pickups in the better Epis are actually quite decent in my experience, I don't think you'll see that much of a difference (unless you hot rod it with some exotic pickup or other, but then it won't sound much like a Les Paul anyway).

I think DiMarzio pickups are the way to go. Joe Satriani and Steve Vai both use them, and they're probably 2 of the top guitarist out there.

I've been looking for the answer to this questions too... I have an Epi LP Custom and a Gibson LP Deluxe and frankly the quality difference from the Gibson is not worth the price difference. So I'm picking up a new Epi LP Classic (cheap on Musicians Friend) and changing the pickups. From the live videos, the white LP that Edge uses for One has uncovered pickups which I once read were DiMarzios, likely their "high gain"" series. Before buying these instead of Gibson pickups, I'd like someone to confirm. Thanks...

Back
Top Bottom