Help with Distortions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

delmarjunior

Babyface
Hi, I'm new in the forum..., I'm from Argentina..., I know that Edge uses a lot of distortions in his set up..., most of them are individual effect boxes, like Tube Screamer, or Boss Overdrive..., or Big Muff..., my dude is..., What kind of sound he uses from each distortion..., in what song he uses screamer, in what song he uses overdrive, or big muff..., thanks and i am sory if my english is poor... jaja

And also if someone could tell me were The Edge take that Clean-crunch sound that he uses, for example in the chorus of city of blinding lights or beatifull day...., or miracle drug also..., is a soft distortion?, a clean sound with hight gain?, thanks...

Most if not all distortions from the new songs come from a Line 6 DM4 distortion modeler. Which also has the clean crunch, boostcomp, you are looking for.

Unfortunately Edge uses a custom made rack version of the device, us ordinary mortals have to make do with the stomp box version. Still a nifty thing though.

Line 6 Bastards! Why on Earth have they discontinued their rack versions of their modelers? As somebody who prefers one click with an integrated rack what use is constant tapdancing with pedals to me?

Back
Top Bottom