Help in buying a new amp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theAtomic

The Fly
I would like to buy a new amp. It will be for playing in my house only and I can spent about 300$ for it.
I am thinking about VOX AD30VT. Could anybody tell me is it a good idea or could you suggest some better option.

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. You should be able to find a deal on a used one in that price range, and then it will also be broken in. Very underrated amp in my opinion. They have great tone and are freakin' loud! Johnny Buckland of Coldplay uses them exclusively so you can definitely get good sound out of them. (Even if you don't like Coldplay, he does get some Edge like sounds.)

The Vox stuff is pretty good, but I would get an all tube amp first and foremost, unless you want effects included, then the Vox wouldn't be a bad choice.

the VOX AD50VT is very nice and around that price range or cheaper!

they are bringing out a AD100VT :)
which you could look at too

im thinking of getting the VOX AD50VT
i tried it out in the guitar shop
sum nice features and should do fine
for gigs with optional speaker out too
the vox AC30 sim is very good
and the clean amp sims are great

BB Mac

Last edited:
i got a behringer 120w amp with built in effects etc, very good for getting early u2 sound out it anything pre 80s especially boy. got some good achtung baby sounds out of it with a delay & wah pedal. not a big fan of the AD range but each to his own...

Back
Top Bottom