Help fixing my guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Ok here's the scoop:

I opened up the pickguard off my strat just to look around and have fun. I got some awful feedback the next time i played it, so i went back to the sugeons table and opened it up again. When i had closed it, the guitar didnt even work on an amp. I found out that i had disconnected the wire behind the plate on the back, and the wire that connects the thing that you plug the cord into the guitar.

Is that just a saudering job? If i get it fixed at a guitar shop how much would it cost?

Thanks for the help!

Oh its shouldn't be much at all, take it by your local Guitar Center and they should direct you in the right way.

(go Stratocasters! :))

Don't do this if you're not comfortable but personally I'd fix this myself, it sounds like a quick and easy soldering job and will take ten minutes max (as long as you know how to use a soldering iron of course. If you don't, practice using a couple of bits of old copper wire and a flat piece of tin, you'll save yourself a fortune over the years and most guitar wiring problems are nothing more than a dodgy connection so you don't need a degree in electronics to do this stuff). Take it to a techie if it still isn't working properly after that. I'd guess a simple job like this would cost $20 US max unless of course there's more wrong than you think, hope not of course.

Good luck,

Mick

Thanks guys i miss my electric so much! I hate acoustic guitars!!!

My electric sounds exactly like The Edge's on WTSHNN on the Rattle & Hum vid.

AWESOME

gragravar said:
Don't do this if you're not comfortable but personally I'd fix this myself, it sounds like a quick and easy soldering job and will take ten minutes max (as long as you know how to use a soldering iron of course. If you don't, practice using a couple of bits of old copper wire and a flat piece of tin, you'll save yourself a fortune over the years and most guitar wiring problems are nothing more than a dodgy connection so you don't need a degree in electronics to do this stuff). Take it to a techie if it still isn't working properly after that. I'd guess a simple job like this would cost $20 US max unless of course there's more wrong than you think, hope not of course.

Good luck,

Mick

:yes: every geetarist should own a soldering iron.....:yes:

Back
Top Bottom