Guitar Recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bocagator02

Babyface
I am a novice player and looking for new acoustic. Someone recommended a washburn d 100. Anyone know if this is the right choice?If not any other recomendations?

personally...the washburn guitars are good but I think that since they started manufacturing them overseas their quality has gone down.

I think epiphone acoustics have a good value to cost ratio as do yamaha's. Just do yourself a favor and stay away from fender acoustics...but that's a personal opinion

If you can afford it, get a Martin acoustic. I recorded this wonderful guitar once, it was bought used by Hans Theesink, and it was the best I ever recorded... can?t tell you which model though, but the mics were two Schoeps CMC 6 with MK 4 capsules (w/ a little of Lexicon 300 to give the sound some space, and very slightly backgrounded flanger)... we recorded some blues... it is a blues guitar. The Schoeps are the very best mics you can get for acoustic guitars or piano or overhead.

got to agree with Arun V, why fender would claim to be responsible for those acoustics I dont know! But really, if you are just starting out my advice would be to not spend much money at all on your first guitar. Get something that feels good when you play it, and stays in tune, probably second hand. You dont need to worry too much about sound quality, save up so you can get a good elec/semi acoustic when you know more about what style you want to play. The thing is, if you get a cheap acoustic, you can just leave it lying around or take it with you on holiday etc so it is always there, so you can always pick it up and muck around on it, which is the best way to learn. Anyway, whatever you get, happy jamming, its great fun!!

Back
Top Bottom