guitar expert's help if u can?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1111buz1111

Babyface
I am curious about dating two "old" BOSS pedals I have

both were made at least before 97 when boss switched its power suply method
I have serial numbers and stuff and just curious to see how old they are any help guys?

a cs-3
and a sd-1 the sd-1 I have dated from 1981 - 1997 the year it was first made but i doubt it's that old.

They still make SD-1's. One thing is to look at the bottom, if it has a black label it saying made in Japan, it is older. If made in Taiwan, it's not that old.

The serial number is the way to look it up for sure though. Just google it and I'm sure someone has the "key".

1111buz1111 said:
I am curious about dating two "old" BOSS pedals I have

both were made at least before 97 when boss switched its power suply method
I have serial numbers and stuff and just curious to see how old they are any help guys?

a cs-3
and a sd-1 the sd-1 I have dated from 1981 - 1997 the year it was first made but i doubt it's that old.

if you go to the BOSS website and give em an email, they might help you, theve answered emails from me before when I had questions.

The CS-3 is a Compressor/Sustainer. Nice pedal. I'm pretty sure they still make them. But, I wouldn't be able to tell you how old they are.

yes. the label is a good indicator.

also according to a book by boss I have the following can help:

- early modelws have the serial number stamp-printed in the battery compartment. second 'season' models had a label glued inside the battery compartment.
later models had the serial number label (in silver) glued onto the bottom label)

-also early models had a "hole" inside the battery compartment where the battery clip went inside, while later models didn't.

I tried looking up various Boss serial numbers but so far failed. But the above indicators have so far been very helpful.

sweet

punX said:
yes. the label is a good indicator.

also according to a book by boss I have the following can help:

- early modelws have the serial number stamp-printed in the battery compartment. second 'season' models had a label glued inside the battery compartment.
later models had the serial number label (in silver) glued onto the bottom label)

-also early models had a "hole" inside the battery compartment where the battery clip went inside, while later models didn't.

I tried looking up various Boss serial numbers but so far failed. But the above indicators have so far been very helpful.

That really helps I'll check that out in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom