getting frustrated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
theedgefan said:
the hardest thing for me was to switch from an A minor to an F major :D . well, with time it gets easier - believe :)!

Yeah. . . ME TOO. . . for SOOOOO long, I couldn't make that chord change at all - damn F chord - I remember it was 1999 and I was trying to learn 'Staring at the Sun' and I could not hit that G to F change. . . nearly drove me crazy. . .

I know it's really hard to hear when your pinky isn't cooperating and your F chord sucks, but you just have to keep at it. . . and build up finger strength. . . it'll come. . . :)

i am currently learning vertigo. hooray my first song........and i have to say i play just as well as the edge does...............................if he played with his feet..................................with his snow shoes on. not to shabby huh? LOL. actually things are progressing, they are methodically slow but hey im being very patient.

TheBrush said:
i am currently learning vertigo. hooray my first song........and i have to say i play just as well as the edge does...............................if he played with his feet..................................with his snow shoes on. not to shabby huh? LOL. actually things are progressing, they are methodically slow but hey im being very patient.

That's a REALLY hard first song to learn how to play too - i would say that there's much better positive feedback if you learn Sunday Bloody Sunday or WOWY. . . :)

For those ones who don´t know how to play guitar, I recomend you this

:up: first, start with A.

Then add D, and try to change it to A, every time a little bit faster.

Then E, and the same thing, then try to change to A, and this one to D, every time a tittle bit faster. If you tune your guitar half step down ( standard tune is E ) and you play fast D-A-E-A-E...

you´ll play DESIRE :dancing: :bump: :rockon:

Then add G...

Then add C...

Then add F...

and finally add B

GOOD LUCK :)

Have you ever considered bass guitar, since the strings are spaced further apart?

Of course, you'll get the weird fans if you pursue that instrument, or so says Edge. ;)

actually funny you mention that. my buddy plays bass and he says the things i have the most problems with and bitch about the most are less of a problem on bass. but i like the guitar and i wanna try to stick with it.

It drove me potty at first - I used to press so hard on the strings - my fingertips ache like hell at the mere memory of it.

Perfectly normal - keep it going!

F is always torture but I play F like this
x

of F barre chord

My advice is do what you want lessons can teach your theory and basics but you have to learn it and also don't put yourself down and take your time cos people think if you can play it fast it's an acomplishment :huh:

TheBrush said:
i practiced for a half an hour yesterday an another half today. I talked to a guy where i work hes been playing for forty something years. I motioned the chord to him and he suggested right away to hold it another way. I had my thumb around the neck instead of behind it. now when i play play d chord i don't hit the 1st string with my third finger and fuck up. i still fuck up just not that way. i still am slow at changing chords. Baby steps people, baby steps
Yeah, just find the way to play each chord that is the most comfortable for you.

Putting your thumb behind the neck of the guitar instead of around works wonders for improving the reach of your fingers, heck even Edge does this when playing the intro to Sunday Bloody Sunday.

My proble mchord was F, now i know it and i can play almostevery song, just give me chords.
About startng: I started by learning Nothing else matters, that's ohow my fingers got so spreaded and it's easier to play chords when your fingers are trained on tablatures.
Stick to a guitar. You'll get any chick you want, just learn a bitchy cry-baby song and she'll melt on you.

Canadiens1160 said:

Putting your thumb behind the neck of the guitar instead of around works wonders for improving the reach of your fingers, heck even Edge does this when playing the intro to Sunday Bloody Sunday.

My hand gets so tired doing that and I don't know why. :(

Hi!

Keep practicing...it will come.....if you're in the music store sometime just check out some of the other guitars......there may be a brand you're more comfortable with...in fact there's a company introducing a guitar fitted to female fingers....

Hope that helps.

carol
wizard2c

:)

Actually last time I was at a music store I saw a couple guitars for little girls...they were shaped into flowers and they were completely pink...extremely girly:slant:

Mucca said:
Actually last time I was at a music store I saw a couple guitars for little girls...they were shaped into flowers and they were completely pink...extremely girly:slant:

Hi1

That's what i like about guitars.......all the different styles and all the different colors......some are so cool........I wish I had not sold my 60's Gretsch Anniversary Edition......{ugh}.......what a mistake......

carol
wizard2c
:|

TheBrush said:
okay, i hope this is normal. i guess picked up guitar. Saying i suck would be speaking highly of myself. i am trying to play a simple D chord. is it normal for a new player to not be able to touch only one string. not sure if you guys will get what i mean

if it were easy at first, my grandma would be rockin out, keep practicing, you will get it my man!

i am progressing...........my buddy gave me a "lesson" the other day. he thinks im going good with the fretting part but the strummin needs some work. he says im too stiff. im pretty decent on vertigo. id say im almost passable at 75% of it. i still have trouble on one part though. im also learing one. fucking f chord(fmaj7 actually) but its still a fucking f.

i am getting there slowly. but im getting there nontheless

BrownEyedBoy said:

One you nail them though, you're there: you are a guitar player. So practice them over and over.

They're the only thing that troubles me in my playing although I have come on quite a bit since that post, I can play most scales easily enough and improv some Blues, I am fluid enough playing regular ( as I like to call them) chords et al, my whole fingers will one day hopefully be as strong as my finger tips so I can nail those barres:wink: Thanks for the encouragement though I appreciate it:up:

i think i'm the only person who didn't find the f cord a bitch to learn. the one i had the most trouble with was the Bm. honestly though, the key is to practise.

Bm is a biotch for me

so dificult switching Bm and the next chord for "Hotel California" and that Oasis song "Stop Crying Your Heart Out"

i've only been playing for about 4 months, I can only play chords, not so good at the solos and stuff yet. I got "One" down perfect, but I'm looking for the cool solo Edge plays live while Bono sings some obsure verse...anyone know that tab?

edge's girl said:
i think i'm the only person who didn't find the f cord a bitch to learn. the one i had the most trouble with was the Bm. honestly though, the key is to practise.

i agree with every single word of what you said.
i found F very easy, but Bm is soo difficult. i still have trouble switching from certain chords to Bm. :slant: but practice is sure as heck the key. :)

Back
Top Bottom