general guitar question from a beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr_kitty

Babyface
Hey ya'll,
I've only just started learning. I can't always be connected to the internet so I've downloaded nearly all the tabs in interference's guitar archive.
Trouble is I don't know many chords and was wondering if their were any chord dictionaries that could be downloaded for free. All I want is the finger position diagrams, so even just one big text file would do. Does anyone know of anything like this and if so where to get it?
Thanks.
Peace out.

It's acoustic. A Washburn WD32S to be exact. I think it's far too good for a beginner. I didn't choose it. I don't know much about guitars. A friend of mine got it cheap for me. He has connections.

Although this is the guitar I own, I wouldn't necessarily say I "play" it...I am trying though!

How about you?

Thanks for the link.

I also hear Desire and All I Want Is You are good U2 beginners. I've been trying Desire but I can't play it fast enough. My proudest moment so far is playing a riff from Radiohead's Street Spirit.

I see that the about .com website also has easy song tabs from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's. That'll help. Thanks again.

Desire is a f*cker in the beginning...
seemed easy enough untill you want to go faster and you're finger don't.
Check page 2 in this thread for the topic
"Acoustic tabs" (you can find the "Bad", "Desire" and other stuff like that)
Keep practicing

Cool, another acoustic player joins in, welcome Mr. K. The "S" at the end of that Washburn model you play on indicates that it's made with a solid spruce top which means it will sound better the more you play it.

U2's great for beginners, especially the early stuff. "Summer Rain" is a nice beginner tune, the Dsus riff is a little tricky at first, but it's all open chords otherwise. Have fun.

Hey OnFire. Thanks for the info. Will no doubt hit you guys with some more questions soon...

Back
Top Bottom