For those about to Rock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I'm glad mofo took the time to refresh this dead forum... so why not start off talking U2 songs...

Currently, I'm playing Running to Stand Still a lot on my acoustic. But, I use a different chord progression than listed on the U2Guitar Archive... instead of D, and G for the verses, I play D and this variation of F...

----3----
----3----
----4----
----5----
----x----
----x----

It sounds better on the acoustic... the chorus is fine though with A, C, G, A, C, G, D...

Anyone else modify songs for their instruments... any tips to make them sound better?

yeah. "in a little while".

*tries to make sense of how i play the one part*

well, i could show you...i can't figure out how to write it at the moment...i'll work on it...

Come on people... in the words of Roger Daltry...

"Let's See Action"

action would be when the strings are too far from the frets or to close, right?

i haevn't a clue what i'm trying to say...

I've been doing Blues recently... of the 12 bar variety...

vibrattos are fun... more than I can say for this thread.

the whole of interference is about as dead as this thread right now

listening to bnl--pinch me. i can play that on guitar. but i play it as close to what the song sounds like as i can...didn't read tab to learn it, the tab scared me very much.

i'm sure they are scary. i'm not a big zeppelin fan, i have a few albums cos i saved them from a box that was about the thrown out at my grandma's before she moved. my aunt decided that vinyl wasn't worthy of being kept and dumped the records in my grandma's garage...somehow i ended up with two zeppelin albums, a beach boys best of, and a hendrix album...and iron butterfly--in a gaddda da vida...

the beach boys are one of those bands you don't want to admit that you'd ever actually like...there's something corny about grooving to fun fun fun or whatever it's called

and she'll have fun fun fun til daddy takes the t-bird away...

hey, but daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car...

I'd be more embarrassed to like U2 than I would be to like the Beach Boys.

I"m with you Cujo, I use completely different chords than I'm supposed to sometimes. I'm a rebel. I'm a punk. I'm a 2 dollar whore.

I just tried playing All I Want is You tuned down half a step, using a chord progression of:

D
G
D
G
etc.

bridge:
C
G

Sounded ok. Fun to mess around with stuff like that.

IWasBored said:
i prefer my guitar tuned down half a step.

I do too. It's fun to play standard tuning sometimes though after always playing 1/2 step down.

God bless capo's. I love em.

On a completely different note, my guitar was buzzin on some of the frets, so I needed to adjust the trus-rod in my guitar neck. Took me for ever to figure out which Allen wrench fit in there. I fixed it in 2 seconds once I finally got the right wrench. Anyways, the point I'm coming to is that I once paid a guitar store 5 dollars for them to do the same thing for me once. No lie. I cant believe the screwed me over so bad just because I didnt know much about guitars then.

People can be really dishonest. That's sad.

Last edited:
guitar shop people can be really big assholes

capos :up:

and by the way...this is madspit ----> :madspit:

Thanks for hating music store people

Thanks for liking capo's

Thanks for spitting on me madly

i like ot play "here comes the sun" like the tab said with the capo on the seventh fret. yes i did read tab to learn that song. proud that the tab didn't attack me while i was trying to read it, too

Scary IWB... that's what I'm learning to play right now...

George Harrison, how do you do it?

George told me he did it by having his mind set on you. He had his mind set on you.

learnt it last summer...my family isn't the biggest fan of my 20 minute version of the song...but i don't want to forget how to play it

i love to play Bullet the blue sky(what a rock song)
i came up with a trick when bono sings the verse bullet the blue sky play...

E---------------------------
B----7-7-7------------------
G----7-7-7
D------------7-9-7 bend 9----------------
A-----------------------
E--------------------------

it sounds very good.
now i just have to get trampled under fot right.

changing keys is always good, luckily it is usually pretty easy on the bass. Me and my friend play together (her on guitar) and we play AIWIY is C.

I'm afriad of going into music stores, cause I'm afraid of getting ripped off. When I bought my bass I brought a friend with me who knew a lot more about them then I did.

i hate going into music stores cos the people there make me feel like an ignorant newbie when i don't know exactly what i'm looking for and don't know all the technical things that they just listed off...

purple rain

if you play the melody that prince sings in the end (chorus) with the chords (the one without lyrics, G-F-Eb-D, F-Eb-D-C, Eb-D-C-Bb)

you can add chords, make them change faster, from

Bb9...............Gm7..................F9.......................Eb9 to

Bb9......D7/A.Gm7...Eb9.C9/E.F9.......(F7).........Eb9

(instead of the D7/A you might also play Ebdim/A)

Last edited:
Cool... mofo would like it better if you tabbed "Blame it on the Rain" (Milli Vanilli)

You know I would Cujo.

You'd like it better if someone tabbed "It's Raining Men"

Back
Top Bottom