Fender Strat with POD XT trying get Edges sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunny69

The Fly
Hello,

I have a Fender Strat American 1989 that a friend gave me. I also have a POD XT connected to good stereo speakers. What I would like to know is, is it possible to get a sound close to the Edge with just this equipment (no Boss delay pedal, pedal compressor, AMP, or anything else). I know I have to tweak the POD for my guitar but does anyone have any presets that would work well with the equipment I have.

Thanks

TLine6 Edit has several U2/Edge patches you can download and install on your Pod XT. Some of them weren't that bad. Just that their delay settings often sucked so they needed tweaking. I especially liked a Vertigo and one Early Days patch.

Can't help you with which patches though, I sold my XT. But that was the beauty with the thing. Just hook it up the internet, plug in a guitar and a headphone and just try them out.

And they should work on all XT versions. Except if they use an FX from the FX pack that only the Live comes standard with. But if you have all the three upgrade packs there's no limit.

You can try to find some pathes at yahoo u2_recording group. I my opinion, you can find very good patches there.

There are pathes that will give you good sound withoth any tweaking, but for others try to change the DRIVE and TONE settings to adapt it to your guitar and amp. That is what I usually do.

Back
Top Bottom