fender strat vs. tele - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2006, 11:06 AM   #21
War Child

Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
Local Time: 11:59 AM
Quote:
[i]
You do realise that besides a simple Boss distortion and delay stompbox Edge uses dozens of other stompboxes, most vintage, 2 full flightcases of rack effects, most vintage, AND the mother of all huge ass floor controlers to control it all? It will be a mighty long save. [/B]
It's estimated that, between the racks and guitars, Edge takes about $800,000 in gear on the road. Start saving!

As mulit-effect pedal board verese stompboxes. You can get good sounds out of a multi-effects unit, however with most units, you need to me patient and do a lot of tweeking to get good sounds.

Another good option is a VOX Valvetronix. I have two in addition to my AC30 and they are really nice. I perfer them over the POD's. The Problem, IMO, with the pod is getting good sounds through a combo amp. They are great for studio but take a lot to get a good sound through an amp. They should to shrill. That Vox has great tone and multi wattage setting so you can play at a very low volume with giving up tone.

TheEdge U2JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:15 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by youtooellen
these floorboards sound a bit hard to use

maybe I'll go to my local guitar center again and ask them about floorboards in general?

or maybe I should save up and end up buying it all?
ah, the price of imitating the Edge
Here's a good site on Edge's sound:
http://www.amnesta.net/edge_delay/

ntalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:32 PM   #23
The Fly

Local Time: 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ntalwar

Here's a good site on Edge's sound:
http://www.amnesta.net/edge_delay/
It's an interesting site (and Edge did say recently that he uses two delays on a few songs live), but I think most of the stuff on that site is actually incorrect.
thousandfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:00 AM   #24
The Fly

Local Time: 02:59 PM
Okay. The Tele vs Strat debate. I have had this with my alter ego, see URL below, and I have conluded that Tele is the way to go. IT can be country at one end and harsh at the other. Add a delay and distortion and you have beautiful music. Add a tube amd and you are in heaven!
Maxwellhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:16 AM   #25
Babyface

Local Time: 07:59 PM
I'm playing with an old Squier strat with a digitech gnx3 floorboard and I can get a lot of u2 song, now I just bought a fender american strat hss and can not wait to here the difference it will make.... The gnx3 by the way is awesome, very easy to use and I didn't read the manual yet, so I'm sure that it will get better...
danb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:54 PM   #26
Babyface

Local Time: 07:59 PM
strat

Quote:

but right now, I'm thinking I'll just try to get the strat and perhaps do an imitation like Edge's and get it to be black on black.

[/B]
I was thinking about doing the same thing with the black on black, does any1 know what would be better, get the cheapy and throw some nice pickups in it or get a nicer one? I know you get your money out of a nicer one but i haven't been able to play like a standard with some dimarzio pickups in it or something like that.

wesiderider is offline   Reply With Quote