Favorite entry level guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Izzy.nyc

The Fly
Ive read a few posts about sweet vintage guitars, dream rigs etc.

What's everyone's favorite "entry level" guitar, sub $500? Sub $1100?

Sub $500 would be a MIM Tele or Strat. Sub $1100 would be a MIM Tele or Strat with new pickups, bone nut, treble bypass mod, and maybe new tuning heads and a bridge. And maybe PLEK'd.

Nice.

Sub 5 I love my epi wildkat with p-90s and some new pots.

My sub 11 I got a Tele American special with Seymour Duncan pups/Callahan
Bridge upgrade. Hated the stock pickups

Crafted in Japan Telecaster Custom (Wide-range humbucker in the neck position, traditional Tele bridge pickup). I got it used for $595.00. It plays and sounds great.

The MIM Cabronita are nice too. The FenderTron pickups are okay but you might want to upgrade to TV Jones Classics or PowerTrons later.

They are making the MIM Cabronita in a Thinline body style now too.

Options....

I keep hear how the Squire Tele Classic Vibes are better than the fender MIM teles...I want a vintage blonde one...

I keep hear how the Squire Tele Classic Vibes are better than the fender MIM teles...I want a vintage blonde one...

Yeah. I was thinking about picking up one of those sling with an irig. I'm 100% recreational now so I think that's all id need.

I have a MIM Strat that I bought on sale for $300 and it's fine for me. I have a relatively small, basic amp and no pedals, so I'm far from the point where I would need an upgrade.

Classic Vibe Strats, Teles = plus Jazz and Precision bass guitars - are al really good. And a VERY good bang for the buck.

I have a Classic Vibe Precision bass. Not a bad bass guitar at all. Better than some MIM's and other bass guitars.

Back
Top Bottom