Fans playing U2 songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is my cover of Love Is Blindness. I'm shooting for the Zoo TV version. However, it's not with full instrumentation. Whenever I want to perform a song live I try to record a version with me doing the vocals and guitar at the same time, to check if I can get a decent result. How much time I put into the backing track varies. In this case it's just a tambourine and a bass line.

I recorded the guitar and vocals at the same time, so excuse me for any timing errors. Oh yeah, and sorry for the crappy vocal as well ;)

I haven't tried to replicate the solos completely. I just try to play something along the same lines that The Edge does.

Enough excuses:

dykkerteam.dk/privat/thomas/covers/Love_is_blindness_128kbps_mp3

Btw, I wasn't able to listen to most of the clips, as most of them were dead. The acoustic Acrobat and the Mofo cover were both great.

Thanks mate!

After complaining a bit to myself I read the F.A.Q. which also had an explanation. Maybe I should have read that before I made 3 posts trying to get the link up.

The recording is my Epi G400 on the neck pickup into my POD XT. I think the amp model is the Matchless 30 with the Tube Driver stomp (from the effects add-on for the XT) for the distorted parts. I used the modulated delay from the XT as well.

Other than that I have just added a bit of compression and reverb to the final mix, to make everything blend together.

I've got some files up here:

http://www.flickerandfade.org/?faf=recordings

I apologise for the crappiness. :| I'm not exactly a spectacular guitarist. The only one that came out half decent was Vertigo...

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestion for a drum program that allows you to transcribe your own beats? Right now I'm using a program that requires you to actually hit the keys in order to get the sounds. That means that everything has to be recorded in real time. I have to record the snare/bass, hihat/cymbals seperately, and I'm prone to making errors. Anything that operates under a Power Tab system would be perfect. (Actually, I understand that you can do drum scores with Power Tab? Do you have to download something else in addition to the original software?)

Last edited:
Thanks guys. :wink: Though I still maintain the drums are scary. I need a better drum program that doesn't require me to record in real time. I just about kill my keyboard with the program I have now...

how do you hit those high notes on Twighlight?

Are you referring to the solo?

did you do all of these on your explorer? what did you play through?

Only "11 O'Clock Tick Tock," "Twilight," and "Vertigo" were played on the Explorer. The rest were done on my crappy little Cort. And I played it all through my Epiphone Regent 50R. It's quite a nice amp, as long as you don't try to use it live. Made that mistake once...when you crank it up to ten, the feedback that issues forth is quite admirable. :wink: And for all of the tracks, other than Vertigo, I used a Boss DD-5 pedal. It's great, bit difficult to use, though. For Vertigo I used a Digitech RP-200 multi-effects unit...it's not too bad, but it really screws with the actual sound quality. I regret buying it, actually. I only got it for the Whammy...

GibsonGirl said:
For Vertigo I used a Digitech RP-200 multi-effects unit...it's not too bad, but it really screws with the actual sound quality. I regret buying it, actually. I only got it for the Whammy...

:up: yeah, that's true. the delays are good but it really messes with your sound. the whammy isn't even that great

Back
Top Bottom