Every Breaking Wave chords

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamietheEdgefan

Refugee
If you're like me and love this song already, and are dying to try it out for yourself... i may have figured out the chords, but i apologise if i'm mistaken!

The verse is B minor, D, A, G
(repeated a few times)

Last verse is just Bm, D, A, then:
Transition into the chorus is F, C, G, E
(repeated again)

Chorus is A minor, D minor, C, G (I don't know if i'm that strong)

Again apologies if it's wrong - i've only listened to the first available recording of it :reject:
Let me know of any corrections/additions!:)

I think that's it, but in the wrong key. The progression is correct, but song is pitched 1/2 note higher than it is here.

For example. Instead of:
Bm D A G

It is:
Cm D# Bb G#

Or you can play the same chords you specified here, but with a capo on the first fret. Good job figuring it out, though! :)

Oh yeah, good point, it does sound like it's pitched higher, in which case your chords are right. But i think that was done for Bono's register - i think it makes more sense to play ordinary chords, rather than having to play sharp versions, you know? It's just less complicated.
...Thanks btw :)

Is Edge playing with the capo on the second fret? I think he is, but I cant be certain from the video...

[youtube]q9C-z-dljsY[/youtube]

It is on the 2nd fret, just like "I Still Haven't Found...". That Strat is tuned to Eb w/capo on the 2nd fret.

This video below shows the end of "...Found..." going into "Every Breaking Wave".

YouTube - U2 Every Breaking Wave (new song), Helsinki 2010-08-21

Looks like it is the following chord shapes (pitched up to key by the capo): A -G - Bm - D for the verse. (Appears to start on the "A")

Can someone show me a tab of how edge is playing the arpeggios please

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom