'Even Better' Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BoyStupidBoy88

The Fly
Okay, the way Edge plays 'Even Better' live confuses the hell outta me. He does it this way every time they play it. Be it on Zoo TV or Elevation or whatever. It sounds higher, the only way I can play it that sounds right is with a capo on the 4th fret. But if you notice on Zoo TV, there's no capo on his Ric. The only thing I can think of is that he's setting his whammy pedal to where everything is made higher sounding. Can you even do that with a whammy pedal? It can't be a higher tuning 'cause he goes right into Mysterious Ways after thta song and its in standard.

Any ideas?

Hes right!

Its played exactly the same up one string.

Its known as transposing the key. or in english playing the eaxt same pattern on a different part on the guitar.

Hes shifted everything up a string to the D changing the key.

Try it.

God this really sucks!!

I can't seem to do it right, I guess sticking with the capo is going to have to do for me until someone can actually show me this. Its not that difficult when you get past the whole chorus part being up so high. I mean the way you guys describe is right but it doesn't work for me. The chords in the middle don't really sound right. :scratch:

i'm always right

the chords in the middle are:

C5: 8 x x x 8 8

E5: 12 x x x 12 12

G5: 3 x x x 3 3

he plays them appregio, of course.

Last edited:
When we are saying the key has moved from A to D
instead of fretting the E String on the fith fret <which is an A> fret the A string on the fith fret <which is a D> and then follow th same pattern. its more or less the same

Venkman said:
When we are saying the key has moved from A to D
instead of fretting the E String on the fith fret <which is an A> fret the A string on the fith fret <which is a D> and then follow th same pattern. its more or less the same

:yes: same goes for the key change in elevation fly, from Eb to Ab fret the same fret but one string lower :wink:

Back
Top Bottom