Elevation USA - WTF???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
Most of you know me as the resident Elevation USA fanatic. I've been to well over 100 of their shows, I've travelled to LA, Cleveland, Wisconsin, etc. to see them play. I promote their bigger gigs and I support them in everything they do. Well all of this is changing.

Gredge, probably the best thing about that band, was fired. The reasons behind it are sketchy, but they basically boil down to a few core reasons. But I'll give you all the main one.

The rest of the members of the band aren't true fans. They're doing it for the money and could care less about the sound or production. Greg wanted to take the band to the next level and learn the new tunes, get better backdrops, lighting, etc. The rest of the guys wanted no part of it. They never wanted to be a part of the "U2 freaks" side of being in a U2 tribute band and they didn't want to go into the direction Greg was suggesting. I knew all along that Danno wasn't a fan. I first met him during the third leg of the Elevation shows in Chicago. It already seemed like he was cashing in on his "looking" like Bono. Which, if you've ever seen him up close, he really doesn't look all that much like Bono. Not to mention that he can't sing like him and doesn't have Bono's grace onstage. They don't even want to play U2 songs anymore, they're tired of it. At this point it's all about making money because U2 is the biggest thing around.

Greg is a true U2 fan. He has been since the early 80's and he's seen them on every tour since the Unforgettable Fire days. He was even at Amnesty International. This is his second U2 tribute band and he'll be forming a new one, Vertigo, that will take over Chicago. www.vertigou2band.com will be launched within the next few days. This will be a welcome change from the monotomy of Elevation's repeated shows and setlist. It will be like a breath of fresh air and I can't wait.

I knew it!!! I saw them in Ontario, CA and the only one who seemed to be with it was Greg!!! the others were just going through the motions...and that Danno :yuck:

I hope Greg gets to where he's going with his music...the others...take a hike!

:hike:

Thanks for the post!! :up:

Last edited:
I've been following this band for close to four years now. I met Danno before he had the band. I even drove 5 hours to St. Louis to see their very first gig. It's been obvious since then that if you had nothing to offer him, he wasn't interested. Elevation were supposed to play Cleveland II but someone wanted more money so the HRC got Exit and Elevation CDA to play it instead. Who was the only member of Elevation to go to that? Greg. Elevation has refused to play charity shows because they would be paid little, to no money for them. Who organized the few charity gigs? Greg. When we would occasionally offer a hand to Danno, we hardly got much of a thank you, let alone any recognition. I've been tired of it for a long time now, long before LA. I understand that it was because of Danno that the LA crowd was turned off by Elevation. That he's the reason why most people were turned off. But Greg was the backbone of that band. He deserved the spotlight. Not some idiot who puts on a wig and thinks he looks like Bono.

All of my posts regarding Elevation on here, as a whole, was mainly because I supported Greg. Not because I supported Danno. I just couldn't say it as the time as I would have hurt the band and thus would have hurt Greg. But I don't care what I say anymore.

I just don't understand how they can throw out the one core, U2 fan of the group. If anyone, he was the one that the people who went to their shows came to see. He was their PR guy, the guy that knew what he was talking about, the friendlist and most approchable of all of them, and the one that could actually play. The rest are just musicians who could care less about anything other than maybe the look and the money.

That's another thing. Danno actually believed people came to their shows to oogle at him all night because he resembles Bono. Which, in my opinion, he really doesn't. The people came to their shows to listen to the music. U2 sold out 6 shows during the last tour here and 6 shows on the upcoming tour. Not all of those people go to see U2 to oogle at Bono. They're fans of the music.

I just PM'd you with my thoughts on this Edgette. I really admire you for standing up for Greg this way, even it means saying some things that might piss some people off. :up:

Thanks BAW. :hug: and Mr. BAW. hehe. :hug:

Greg is not only extremely talented but he is one of the nicest, most caring people that I know. He is a great friend. To see him get stabbed in the back this way by people whom we all thought were friends of his (and ours) is ridiculous and just...I don't even have the words for it. It's a shame.

I really don't care if I piss anyone off by saying this. I have a feeling that if anyone really cares, they'd come out and speak their mind. But they won't. They probably don't even know what Interference is.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not one to say anything to stir things up.... I will say this.

At our show the night before the LA Convention and with our partisipation at the convention, it was Greg and Blair that were the most friendly and supportive of JT.

There were a lot of people in LA put off by the sight of Dan sitting next to BP Fallon, with a Sharpee ready to sign autographs.

Anyhow.... best of luck to Greg!

Chas
The Joshua Tree

Edgette said:
The rest of the members of the band aren't true fans. They're doing it for the money and could care less about the sound or production. They never wanted to be a part of the "U2 freaks" side of being in a U2 tribute band and they didn't want to go into the direction Greg was suggesting.

Bollocks! I've never heard them but I hope Greg gets a PROPER band together...what kind of morons set up a U2 tribute band and show NO enthusiasm in learning the new songs or getting the sound right?!

I'm in Europe, so I obviously haven't seen any of those U2 bands. Just out of interest: What instrument does Greg play?

This is all news to me. I've seen this tribute band before a few times. Very disappointed to hear Greg was treated this way. I will fully support and attend his new band's performances!

Thanks for posting Edgette. I have seen them many times and somehow I could just read Greg as being the best of the group!!!! I can't wait for his new band to take over.

I was confused as to why they weren't getting to the new material, and this really explains it.

TheEdge U2JT said:
Well, I'm not one to say anything to stir things up.... I will say this.

At our show the night before the LA Convention and with our partisipation at the convention, it was Greg and Blair that were the most friendly and supportive of JT.

There were a lot of people in LA put off by the sight of Dan sitting next to BP Fallon, with a Sharpee ready to sign autographs.

Anyhow.... best of luck to Greg!

Chas
The Joshua Tree

Couldnt believe my eyes when he sat beside BP Fallon.

Thats what happens when egos get too inflated.

Good luck to the new band.

Sounds like a familiar story with NY based U2 tribute, 2U - www.notu2.com. The only "real" fan in that band is me (drummer), the rest of them do it ONLY for money, it's a job to them, there's no integrity at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom