electric guitars with narrow necks and barre issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

violet

The Fly
I'm currently playing a fender venus and the neck is a little narrower than a standard fender but I'm still having trouble with barre chords. (my hands are tiny.)

can anyone recommend any electric guitars that have narrower than average necks?

or maybe I just need to practise more? ;)

I would recommend practice as the best thing.

Maybe think about trying acoustic for a while... usually the grade of string is thicker, and the neck is more broad. Which will only benefit your playing in the long run.

Might I suggest before you do something drastic like getting a new guitar... try some leaner strings... that probably will do the trick until your wrist and hand muscles get accustomed to barring those awful chords.

:up:

Last edited:
cujo said:
I would recommend practice as the best thing.

Maybe think about trying acoustic for a while... Which will only benefit your playing in the long run.

Might I suggest before you do something drastic like getting a new guitar... try some leaner strings... that probably will do the trick until your wrist and hand muscles get accustomed to barring those awful chords.

:up:

I actually used to play classical but switched over to electric.
I think the problem is more to do with my just needing to practise more rather than any problems with my guitar. and I'll try some leaner strings, too.

thanks a bunch for the suggestions. :)

Ahh, those naughty bar chords.

I still have problems with them because my left hand's pointer finger curves oddly or something. I've found I've gotten better and better with them through practice though. It does indeed make perfect.

cheesy pun time:

grin and barre it

yeah practice, these guys said it all, i've got nothing new to say

Back
Top Bottom