Edge's rig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpsglick2424

Refugee
Does anyone have a good picture of The edge's vertigo rig? Like a good picture of the foot controller.:drool:

thanks

zach

O i know what they are, i wanted a pic of the actual pic of the skrydstrup that he uses, sorry bout that:der:

taken from chicago dvd, hope these help:wink:

d3e47587.jpg

2831e19c.jpg

edge3.jpg

this is awesome! does anyone have pictures of the end of the board? (the side closest to the setlist) I created a paper and i know where each effect is placed on the skrydstrup except for the last 3 on the end of the board(closest to the setlist)

Ok i know edge uses that wah for elevation but where is the Rab Fuzz places? in the rack? on the pedal board? or with the pedals on top of the rack?

Can I ask a quick question: You see in the last pic there of the foot controller, what's the white thing beside edge? I saw a pic of that on the vertigo DVD, it seems to be a box with some handwriting on it, and 2 white pedals below the writing...?

Ah, I was wondering if that was it. I always thought it was either the setlist, or else a list of what order to turn the effects on in...

Amazing that they still need setlists when they are generally so predictable from start to finish. Now a list containing which settings and presets for which song, that I can understand. I have to keep one right next to my Behringer midi controler otherwise I'm in trouble.

Muad'zin said:
Amazing that they still need setlists when they are generally so predictable from start to finish. Now a list containing which settings and presets for which song, that I can understand. I have to keep one right next to my Behringer midi controler otherwise I'm in trouble.

well edge has dallas to help

look. . . as i understand it, the Skrydstrup (or however it's spelled) has a ton of patches which each have certain amps/effects turned on and off. Edge uses a patch for each song, so between songs all he has to do is go to the next patch, and all the effects and amps he needs are turned on. then, if he needs to turn on a distortion or whatever, he just presses an individual button for that effect. it doesn't seem too complicated, as long as the patches are lined up with the setlist.

discothequeLP said:
look. . . as i understand it, the Skrydstrup (or however it's spelled) has a ton of patches which each have certain amps/effects turned on and off. Edge uses a patch for each song, so between songs all he has to do is go to the next patch, and all the effects and amps he needs are turned on. then, if he needs to turn on a distortion or whatever, he just presses an individual button for that effect. it doesn't seem too complicated, as long as the patches are lined up with the setlist.

hence why the skrydstrup display shows the name of each song when it is played and if you watch the documentary that was on vh1 or mtv or whatever, you hear edge ask dallas "which patch number is Bad?"

discothequeLP said:

I use midi controlers myself. I know the drill. Which is why it amazes me that he needs a setlist but not a patchlist. Because there will be an aweful lot patching going on during the show, including bank up/down. I'm in a Radiohead coverband and for one song I have to literally tapdance between several patches/banks in the space of mere seconds. If I take the moment to really get in the mood of the song I could end up selecting the wrong patch. So I don't really need a setlist, but my patchlist lies next to the controller for sure.

The changing seems easy..:eyebrow:

I saw that Vh1 documentary..it's a great documentary..:drool:

I wish that episode was played more often..:huh:

Muad'zin said:

I use midi controlers myself. I know the drill. Which is why it amazes me that he needs a setlist but not a patchlist. Because there will be an aweful lot patching going on during the show, including bank up/down. I'm in a Radiohead coverband and for one song I have to literally tapdance between several patches/banks in the space of mere seconds. If I take the moment to really get in the mood of the song I could end up selecting the wrong patch. So I don't really need a setlist, but my patchlist lies next to the controller for sure.

i guess it would be difficult if you had to turn a bunch of different stuff on and off at different times. but, say Edge has one song as a bank, and say 4 patches in that bank, can't he put the patches in a linear way, so that everytime he switches patches during that one song, all he has to do is go down? some of the patches might be repeats, but as long as you're going in one direction. . .

discothequeLP said:

i guess it would be difficult if you had to turn a bunch of different stuff on and off at different times. but, say Edge has one song as a bank, and say 4 patches in that bank, can't he put the patches in a linear way, so that everytime he switches patches during that one song, all he has to do is go down? some of the patches might be repeats, but as long as you're going in one direction. . .

Could be. Maybe that explains why the setlists are so static.

Bono: Edge, what do you think? How about Gloria tonight?

Edge: No can do, B.! It would screw up my patches. Let's do something accoustic instead, that can go over the PA instead.

Larry: (shakes head and thanks the Lord he only has to contend with simple drums)

Adam: hey, another spoon for my collection!

another clearly example of this is Fly Boston version, were you can hear a backing sampler with a phase and a voice that says loveeeee, all this is swiched by edge with those white pedals.

Back
Top Bottom