Edge's guitar replicas!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jono Bono

The Fly
my Stratocaster is an Edge "Blackie" replica, made it myself.

the guitar on the right :drool:

Anyone else have Edge replica guitars?

My most recent aquisition(got it in november):
13748_215094530069_610890069_4555034_6878100_n.jpg

And me playing my other edge-like guitar:
6332_137991085069_610890069_3653174_1394374_n.jpg

my Stratocaster is an Edge "Blackie" replica, made it myself.

the guitar on the right :drool:

Anyone else have Edge replica guitars?

I have an EXACT replice. 1976 Gibson Limited Edition Explorer.
  • Same make
  • Same model
  • Same pickups
  • Same everything

Gibson-Explorer-1976-natural_finish.jpg

I have a pewter finish Eric Clapton model Stratocaster. Edge had one painted with a snake and skeleton. Mine doesn't have the cool Rene' Castro paint job.

fen-clapton-strat-pewter-89-43-best.jpg

Mine:
Fender-Stratocaster-Clapton_model-1.jpg

Washburn EA-20 Woodstock Festival Acoustic. Edge had tobacco finish, Bono played a black finish like mine during the Joshua Tour and can be seen in the With Or Without You video.

Mine:
Washburn-EA20-Woodstock_Festival-19.jpg

My most recent aquisition(got it in november):
13748_215094530069_610890069_4555034_6878100_n.jpg

And me playing my other edge-like guitar:
6332_137991085069_610890069_3653174_1394374_n.jpg

Swap out the hi-gain pickups on your Rickenbacker with a set of Rickenbacker vintage pickups (aka: Toaster top) and it will sound closer to Edge's too. :D

Only difference that can't be changed so easy are the number of frets. Edge plays mid-1960's Rics. 1969 and before have 21 frets. Post 1969 have 24 frets.

This one's not my guitar, it belongs to "The Chedge" from 'The Joshua Tree' tribute. Although, I get to play it from time to time.

Chedge's Variax is finished in Edge used / Edge approved silver sparkle - Line 6 Variax 700 acoustic modeling guitar.

2009-December-One5.jpg

Mr. The Chedge (Les Paul Custom) and me (Variax 700):
2009-December-One.jpg

Scott (Joshua Tree's "Adam") has lots of Adam approved bass guitars and amps too.

Here's a pic of me with his Warwick Adam Clayton signature model Reverso - Note the Elevation/Vertigo era Ashdown Amps/Cabinets (Same as what Adam used):
DSCN6005.jpg

DSCN6003.jpg

He's got a lovely purple/lilac sparkle Fender Precision that is Adam-approved and lest I forget his 'weathered' tobacco Precision complete with "House of Pain" sticker.

Nice Les Paul Goldtop. Looks fantastic!

It is a wonderful unique guitar! One of the best guitars I've ever played. Does all I need it to. Was made in May 2007. Got it used and it had some modifications done. New nut, new tuners and tuning system. I changed the knobs to the ones with the silver inside them. It's got some slight wear. Mostly on my part.:D

mmmmm love your goldtop theedgeu2!!!!! Not quite as beat up as mine though.

Bought mine a couple of years ago second hand. its a 57' vos model, and shes had a tough life. Has had a headstock snap just behind the nut with a past owner, which was thankfully repaired the right way!

One of the most amazing instruments i've ever played.

:drool::drool: That is very sexy!:applaud::lol:

I wanted to walk out of Guitar Center last year with the natural Explorer they had in there. I played Electric Co through it with a Boss Delay and Boss BD2 and the sound was perfect. If only I had the money...

mmmmm love your goldtop theedgeu2!!!!! Not quite as beat up as mine though.

Bought mine a couple of years ago second hand. its a 57' vos model, and shes had a tough life. Has had a headstock snap just behind the nut with a past owner, which was thankfully repaired the right way!

One of the most amazing instruments i've ever played.

Thank you!:D Mine has some slight wear on it. Especially on the back where I've had various belts do the job of scratching it up. Btw that Ric looks very very good!:drool: The finish is perfect! And those 57 reissue models aren't too bad from what I've heard. Yours looks really good.

all you needa do is break the headstock off and get it glued back on and it's the 100% perfect replica of Edge's.

Edge would've been so pissed off when that happened. He did a gig and the guitar got thrown out back and the neck broke off, sad night for Edge

...and don't do what i suggested :lol:

I actually did that not planned trust me but i broke the headstock off my Gib Xplorer I went and got it fixed in Brooklyn and it seems ok now outside of the worth but its a plyer guitar anyway

Mick

all you needa do is break the headstock off and get it glued back on and it's the 100% perfect replica of Edge's.

Edge would've been so pissed off when that happened. He did a gig and the guitar got thrown out back and the neck broke off, sad night for Edge

...and don't do what i suggested :lol:

I don't think I want my Explorer to be THAT authentic. :up:

And let Mick's experience be a tale of caution - put your guitars in HARD cases and not soft bags. Bags will keep them from dust and getting scratches but that is all.

Gorgeous Explorer! How can you concentrate at work when you know there's a stunner like that waiting for you at home?! :D

The white/smoke-faded blonde Les Paul Custom is still my fav, but an authentic 76' exporer. Dear Lord :heart:

I find a way to concentrate at work... and then it's off home to play the guitars. Not just the Explorer, there are 11 of them at home. Although that one is the gem of my collection.

There is a really nice 1976 oneon ebay right now. $4k! Ouch

I have a Fender Strat just like the one he plays on Pride. (Sunburst/Rosewood) Not sure of his year but mine is around 2000.

Thanks guys. Been working on patches for a few new songs so had a few of my collection in the office. I have been fortunate to put together a nice collection that works well for a U2 Tribute. The Les Paul is a '78, the Strat is an Eric Johnson Signature model that I switched out the white pickguard for a black one. I love that guitar! That's a Gibson SJ200 on the wall. Missing from the pic the is Edge-like is my Gibson Explorer, Gibson Gold Top LP, Sunburst American Strat and Gibson Music Rising Les Paul,. Still need an SG and Gretsch County Gent.

Thanks guys. Been working on patches for a few new songs so had a few of my collection in the office. I have been fortunate to put together a nice collection that works well for a U2 Tribute. The Les Paul is a '78, the Strat is an Eric Johnson Signature model that I switched out the white pickguard for a black one. I love that guitar! That's a Gibson SJ200 on the wall. Missing from the pic the is Edge-like is my Gibson Explorer, Gibson Gold Top LP, Sunburst American Strat and Gibson Music Rising Les Paul,. Still need an SG and Gretsch County Gent.

And a Rickenbacker 330 12-string. :D

That Eric Johnson Strat is one of the best Stratocaster I've ever played and super light. I maybe have to consider parting with my Clapton and getting one.

Back
Top Bottom