Edges acoustics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
When Edge plays his acoustic, how does he get that twangy metallic sound, when I play it sounds much more full bodied

Its probably because he has new strings on before each show, that really gives a metallic twang, and he usually uses jumbo acoustics. And probably since he plays them with pickups in them, instead of micing them. Hope that helps :up:

I was lucky enough to be on the stage apron in front of The Edge on the last tour, it was amazing. Especially when he noticed I was watching him closley as he started to point to settings on his effects rack. He had a big smile when he opened Vertigo on his acoustic (an amped Ovation graphite body) and the sound was incredible as it almost sounded like his Flying V. He definetly uses a compressor , chorus and fuzz peda (in unision)l for the tune and I susupect alot of the crunch sound from his acoustic came from this. Hope this helps.

Yes he has a cream colored V but I meant his Journey Explorer (Gibson) my bad :doh:, the wood finish one he has had since the bands inception. Both the V and Explorer have that same humbucker pick up set that Gibson trademarked sound wise. They are both super heavy guitars (the Explorer being the heaviest thus the V created later to keep the sound but lighten the load.

I never knew that! Got any pics of him with the V?

His Explorer is the best thing ever. But one thing I've always wondered about. It seems like a thin, small guitar, is it light too or not?

Without commenting on whether or not Edge has a V, I'll just reply to the OP that during the Popmart and Elevation tours Edge tended to use Taylor acoustics, which are known for their bright (some might say metallic) sound.

Because he doesn't have one. The person who claimed it has talked around it a lot but never showed proof.
He most likely meant the Explorer and didn't want to admit he made a mistake.
And I mean, VERTIGO on an accoustic? Since when?

Because he doesn't have one. The person who claimed it has talked around it a lot but never showed proof.
He most likely meant the Explorer and didn't want to admit he made a mistake.
And I mean, VERTIGO on an accoustic? Since when?

I think he meant the Line 6 Variax Acoustic and the song was Love and Peace or Else. I have a pretty good knowledge of Edge's guitar collection and I have never heard of Edge having a V. It's not to say it's impossible, he does a lot of guitars, but unlikely.

Actually I stand corrected. According to U2 by U2, Edge and his brother played a yellow flying V like guitar that was home made. Maybe Edge painted it cream colored, eh? :wink:

I wonder if Edge or Dick still has that homemade guitar. I'd love to see a picture of it. The person claiming he knows Edge has a V has lived up to his name since GaleonGirl and Mike D called him on it.

Actually I stand corrected. According to U2 by U2, Edge and his brother played a yellow flying V like guitar that was home made. Maybe Edge painted it cream colored, eh? :wink:

Well that doesn't count, since it's not a real one. :wink: And I think that U2 by U2 also mentions that they broke that guitar..

:wink: And as branwalls already said, I think it says enough that the guy who claimed he had one isn't responding anymore.

Back
Top Bottom