Edge Guitars on stage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hm that's not quite usually the case. I guess it has to do with Setlist placement. Song before BD was North Star, for which the black and white strat was used.
I've no clue what the telecaster is doing there though.

I couldn't see it in the video for some reason, but from the 10 shows I've seen it seems that Dallas will bring up at least the next guitar and have it sitting on a stand ready to go next to his set of steps.

I always knew which encore song was coming up because if it was a Retro Rocket would mean UV or Les Paul would mean HMTMKMKM would be next.

I can't remember if it was two or one guitar sitting ready. He defs has a spare ready for each under the stage in case there's a problem.

I couldn't see it in the video for some reason, but from the 10 shows I've seen it seems that Dallas will bring up at least the next guitar and have it sitting on a stand ready to go next to his set of steps.

I always knew which encore song was coming up because if it was a Retro Rocket would mean UV or Les Paul would mean HMTMKMKM would be next.

I can't remember if it was two or one guitar sitting ready. He defs has a spare ready for each under the stage in case there's a problem.

Yeah I know that, but that's exactly what's strange about this. Check Beautiful Day's setlist placement, before IALW(Explorer) and Miss Sarajevo(Piano). So if any guitar should be on stage it should be COBL's Gretsch, not the Telecaster that's used after COBL...

And I wonder why the Strat was still on stage, as it was used for Still Haven't and North star, and would not be used until Streets. Usually Dallas takes the guitar down if they're not used for the next song.

Yeah I know that, but that's exactly what's strange about this. Check Beautiful Day's setlist placement, before IALW(Explorer) and Miss Sarajevo(Piano). So if any guitar should be on stage it should be COBL's Gretsch, not the Telecaster that's used after COBL...

And I wonder why the Strat was still on stage, as it was used for Still Haven't and North star, and would not be used until Streets. Usually Dallas takes the guitar down if they're not used for the next song.

a possible reason is a guitar ready with the same tuning as the guitar edge is using if a string breaks.

Do we have a printed setlist from the show? There were conflicting news about North Star being played or not, maybe they shuffled/dropped/added something short-term and that's the reason why the "guitar chronology" doesn't work.

Nonetheless, valid point what the Tele is doing there instead of the Gretsch. Maybe it was Dallas' April fool joke for Edge. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom