Edge Effects/Amp(s) -- What do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Edge Effects - What do you use?

Always interesting to hear what others are using for effects and amps.

Me? I have tons of pedals. But here's what I have been using lately...

• Digitech WH-1 (whammy)
  • Boss CS-2 (compressor) -- Although, I am looking to get a MXR script reissue compressor or a MXR Custom Comp
  • Electro-Harmonix POG (Poly-Octave Generator)
  • Digitech Synth Wah (filter/wah)
  • Emma Discumbobulator (filter/wah)
  • Lovepedal OD11 (overdrive)
  • Death By Audio Harmonic Transformer (overdrive)
  • Death By Audio Supersonic Fuzz Gun (fuzz)
  • Boss DC-3 Digital Dimension (chorus)
  • Boss PH-2 Phaser
  • Boss RV-3 Digital Delay/Reverb
  • Durham Sex Drive (boost)

All of that goes to the Vox AC15.

I'm looking at a few pedals that may replace the Boss CS-2 compressor, and the delays... Possibly a Strymon Timeline... time will tell...

Also, for my newly acquired Squire `60's Classic Vibe Bass, I am using my Lovetone 'Brown Source' (light overdrive setting) and Lovetone 'Big Cheese' when I want to get some fuzzier bass bits going.

How is the gated sound on the Fuzz Gun? I'm interested in either one of those or a ZVex Fuzz Factory. I don't like the oscillation. Just crazy distortion with a gate so there's no feedback.

-no line is played with osc on...but you have to control that. it'sd the secret!

If this was in response to my question, I couldn't care less how No Line is played. I'm interested in how the DBA pedal sounds with the noise gate on as I mostly play originals and am looking for a nice, controlled fuzz.

I don't know if thats a response for you.. But ifyou want acontrolled fuzz. Use the harmonic transformer or fuzz gun ingate mode. Its a normal fuzz

Yes, I understand that's how the pedal works. Which is why my initial question was asking how it sounded with the noise gate. Because I knew there was a noise gate option. What I didn't ask was how to switch between oscillating and not oscillating. Which is why I mentioned only this pedal and the ZVex and no pedal that doesn't have a gate.

Back
Top Bottom