Edge Blackie Strat for I Will Follow and Desire And VERTIGO!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not to be dickish but there was nothing in my statement that "time will tell".

It won't be the only thing he uses, period.

To be clear:

• I didn't say that YOU said it would be the only thing that he would use. Nor was my earlier posts hinting at that.
  • I didn't say that it would be all that he would use.
  • I don't recall anyone saying the Axe FX would be all that he uwill be using.

I said "time will tell" -- in that -- time WILL tell as to what other items will be incorporated into a touring rack. That wasn't an attack on you, your post or anyone else's on the subject.

But the 'dickish' comment was a bit… Well… that was uncalled for. I will file that under a misunderstanding of previous statements.

"Off with the horns and on with the show" ?

Context is everything: you first responded "better get used to it" and "time will tell" to someone who was saying that he hopes (or thinks) Edge won't ONLY use it.

To which I also responded that it won't be the only thing in his rack

To which you again stated time will tell.

And to which similar comments in the other thread you also stated time will tell.

There was nothing in my comment that necessitated you further responding time will tell because I was merely reaffirming what the other poster said, that it would not be the only thing in the rack. Which is clearly a factual statement, and to which you now acknowledge you agree.

So you repeatedly stating time will tell just makes you look like youre trying to be the know it all in a way.

Finally, I wasnt saying you were being dickish, I was saying "not to be dickish", as in, "at the risk of being dickish" - me, not you. A bit surprising that you misread that sentence, but whatever.

That's all.

So all around let's just see what edge and Dallas decides to do, I'm sure it's a pain in the ass for them to be lugging around that huge rack, but idk I have a feeling that the old rack will be on stage with edge. Because we all know how much edge loves his rack. So who knows? Let's see what gear we can see when they perform next month, which I don't know about you guys but I'm super exited about ! To see what gear and guitars edge is using on the new songs.

I'd be willing to put serious money on him still having two racks of gear up there. He's a gear head and it looks beautifully monstrous and kick ass. Now, of course he may be swapping stuff out and putting in an Axe unit or two. What would he swap out? Maybe the Line 6 stuff? Without knowing every single last thing about what he would want to get out of either unit, that seems the most obvious first answer..

Adam doesn't "need" super stacks of speakers either, but it always looks a heck of alot cooler :D

I'm pretty sure now that they are going back in doors edge will have his rack up on stage with him, and I'm sure we will see it when they perform next month.
Next month? We won't see the real tour rig until the promo tour or tour rehearsals. They just played 4 songs and used an Axe FX only, I'm pretty sure that will also apply to Jimmy Fallon next month (especially for one song only).

hi guys,
i have seen from youtube some video differences about axe-fx ultra and axe-fx2, i know that the edge has began to use an axe-fx2.
I would like to ask to someone that used both of these machines, in terms of better " hot sound, effects " which one is the best ?

Back
Top Bottom