easy u2 songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallylockhart

Babyface
hey guys, ive just started playing guitar and would love to learn some of my fav u2 songs. r there any easy ones out there?!

I Still Haven't Found is probably the easiest. WOWY, Desire.
SBS's main riff is easy to learn, I just wish I knew how to do the chords!

Arcadion said:

SBS's main riff is easy to learn, I just wish I knew how to do the chords!

e--7-7-x-x-x--x----x---x---x----x---x
b--7-7-5-5-5-12-12-12---12-12-12
g--7-7-5-5-5-12-12-12---12-12-12
d--9-9-5-5-5-12-12-12---12-12-12
a--9-9-0-0-0-10-10-10---10-10-10
E--7-7-x-x-x--x---x---x----x----x---x

Bm5 - D5 - F5

JMScoopy said:

e--7-7-x-x-x--x----x---x---x----x---x
b--7-7-5-5-5-12-12-12---12-12-12
g--7-7-5-5-5-12-12-12---12-12-12
d--9-9-5-5-5-12-12-12---12-12-12
a--9-9-0-0-0-10-10-10---10-10-10
E--7-7-x-x-x--x---x---x----x----x---x

Bm5 - D5 - F5
That's G, not F

It's good in two ways:

B5-D5-G5
or
F#5-A5-D5

But Edge plays like this:

B5-D5-G5 once
B5-D5-G5(slide to A5)
e--x-x---x-x-x----x----x---x----x---x--x--
b--x-x---x-x-x----x----x---x----x---x--x--
g--x-x---7-7-7---12-12-12---12/14/12-
d--9-9---7-7-7---12-12-12---12/14/12-
a--9-9---5-5-5---10-10-10---10/12/10-
E--7-7---x-x-x----x---x---x----x----x---x-

And again
B5-D5-G5

Then the main riff

Last edited:
"All I Want Is You" is pretty easy, it's A... D... A... D and then the chorus is D... Em... D.... Em.... D.... A... D... A, look it up for all the details

if you want to start off at the easiest level, with no chord knowledge learn E, A and D. That will give you Desire.
Then once you get those down you can add the F#m and you'll have All I Want is You. That's a good of a starting place as any.

Progressively you can learn most of their songs in a relatively short period, if you just want to play chord versions. But you need to get the basic chords down or you will be so frustrated you won't want to play any tabs by anybody.

I remember desire being a real bitch to learn starting out. It's tough to get the chord changes and strumming pattern at the same time. Especially when you haven't got switching between chords fast down yet.

JMScoopy said:
I remember desire being a real bitch to learn starting out. It's tough to get the chord changes and strumming pattern at the same time. Especially when you haven't got switching between chords fast down yet.

that's a good point about the timing and switching on Desire, that will take some time and practice outside of merely learning the chords.

so I guess I'd just go with All I Want is You, I had a tough time with that F#m for awhile, so I guess it's going to be tough for anyone from the ground up. It was for me. But once it clicked, I can play all the songs pretty easily.

It's like everything else in playing, it comes with time and practice.

also, if you know e, a, d, and f#m, then learn c#m and b power chord style and you've got yourself electrical storm and original of the species (which are two of my favorite songs to play, don't laugh...) also to reiterate, yaweh and vertigo are fairly easy... i dunno i need a lot of practice myself lol... have fun though! :wink:

What are some easy U2 songs bass and drums wise? I've been playing guitar a few years so I can do more complicated stuff if necessary but I've got a band and none of them have any experience except me so we want to pick a really easy song to start with - I was thinking Desire or Vertigo? I'd love to do something from Pop or The Fly but I'm wondering if that would be too ambitious...?

The Gloria bass solo is basically the notes Adam normally would play, B, A and E. Only then played with octaves. Slap the low notes and pluck the high notes. But I guess your not only one having troubles, even Adam can't do it anymore. If you listen to the Vertigo version of Gloria he skips his own solo, the lazy bugger. He only does the arpeggio intro to what used to be his solo twice and that's it.

AtomicBono said:
What are some easy U2 songs bass and drums wise? I've been playing guitar a few years so I can do more complicated stuff if necessary but I've got a band and none of them have any experience except me so we want to pick a really easy song to start with - I was thinking Desire or Vertigo? I'd love to do something from Pop or The Fly but I'm wondering if that would be too ambitious...?

Drum wise definatly "Pride" and "Another Time Another Place"
I myself just bought a drum set 2 weeks and go and I've already learned those 2 songs and SBS. Check out some Radiohead Drum tabs too.

Back
Top Bottom