Easiest U2 songs to play on acoustic guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bean_Counter

The Fly
During these crazy times I have taken up some guitar lessons on youtube.
I have an acoustic guitar and have been earning the basic chords.
I noticed that All I Want Is You seems pretty straightforward to play. What are other U2 songs that are going to be easy to play for a beginner guitar player?

Thanks.
Bean

pride is just four easy chords - A, D, G, E. that's the first song i ever learned to play. here are some others:

who's gonna ride your wild horses
sunday bloody sunday (good picking practice)
with or without you
gone
beautiful day (bonus points if you learn how to play the harmonics in the intro)
i still haven't found what i'm looking for
stay (faraway, so close)

i'm sure i'm forgetting some but these are all songs that sound nice with a few easy chords on an acoustic guitar. happy learning!

I'll put in a vote for Staring At The Sun.

I also used to do a version of Exit, but that involved more than just chords.

The ZooTV guitar version actually works and sounds great on acoustic. I played that live once and it got a decent reception.

Right, but for a beginner, just playing the chords is pretty easy.

I played Running To Stand Still live as well once. It was fun!

You can play a bunch of U2 songs with D, A and then a minor chord thrown in. Bad, All I Want Is You, The First Time and Running to Stand Still might have 6 different chords across all of them. I learned Running to Stand Still on piano in 20 minutes and I don't know how to play piano.

My favorite easy U2 songs to play acoustically are Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses and In God's Country.

U2 has made a ton of three chord songs. Just get the changes down and you're good to go.

As noted, Running to Stand Still is super easy.
Desire is D, A, E. That's it.
Kite is E, A, B, mostly all barre chords.
All I Want Is You is D, A, Fm.

Advanced: A couple years ago I did an arrangement of Streets for solo nylon string acoustic guitar that was pretty killer. I added a bunch of rhythmic percussive thumping -- imagine Rodrigo and Gabriela covering it. People liked it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom