Easiest u2 song to learn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzlingamy

Refugee
The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - M
Ok, so dusting off my guitar and relearning everything again.

What would be a good song to learn from u2? I really want to play Staring At The Sun - but not sure how difficult it is.

Just starting to learn how to read guitar tabs again!

Thanks for any help - i admit i don't know what im doing at all. :huh:

do you wanna play just chords, or?

the chords to staring at the sun are about as easy as chords can get.

Staring At The Sun

dazzlingamy said:
yeah just chords. I have no lofty ideas of rocking out like the Edge, just something nice to strum along too :)

the only staring at the sun guitar music i could find was confusing. I want a picture to show where my fingers go! :wink: or at least tabs or something?

No pictures to show where your fingers go, but this is as easy as it gets otherwise.

Copy and paste the following URL into your address bar.

ogregod.com/view/u2/staring_at_the_sun_(acoustic).htm

Last edited:
u2 helped me pretty much
all songs are not very hard so with a little practice i learned them most and now it's easier to learn harder songs from other bands

Definitely Desire or AIWIY , if u can manage to play the riff post chorus

Desire is too fast... and All I Want is You is not easy (and need a delay effect for first part and overdrive to solo and second part). Try One, Angel of Harlem live version, Yahweh live version...

I found One very easy (probably because Fmaj7 I found easier than a barre chord F), and it sounds great on acoustic

if you don't have delay,practice your right arm to play fast and discontinued.
Edge has one of the best right arms in the world.

-all i want is you is pretty easy song and you need delay only if you're a perfectionist.
-sunday bloody sunday is also easy, the most complicated thing is solo which is moving up and down the fret on one string
-mothers of the disappeared is easy,all you have to do is learn it.
-desire was said
-all along the watchtower is three chords
-angel of harlem four chords(am-f-g-c and simple strumming)
-the first time acoustic is also easy,few chords(i didn't learn it cause i don't like the song)
-dirty day is great on acoustic(D-A-C-G all the time)
-staring at the sun and gone are 5-6 chords with few bass transitions
-stuck in a moment is easy,but you have to learn barre chords
-kite also(there's a B and C#m which are not too difficult)

next advice:
learn riffs from each song. you don't need to know every u2 song from begining to the end.
examples:
bad-even without a delay is easy
the fly-the easiest riff ever
i will follow, gloria, 40, discotheque, beautiful day, walk on, in a little while, new york...
you won't become something great if you learn fly riff,but at least your fingers will stretch and it will be easier for later learning.

haugh

GonzaU2-Spain said:
Desire is too fast... and All I Want is You is not easy

Yeah desire is a bit fast , but C'mon anyone who learns to hit a D and a A , knows it's easy the change between them , its only move the hand up

All I want is you not easy ?? :eyebrow: Are u sayin that u find it hard , or that u think beginners would find it hard ?

Look at it ......

Intro : A D

A D
U say ..... U want

F#m D
All the promises .............. From the

Are u sure this is hard mate ?

Okay the post riff chours part like I said it's a bit tricky , but after u practice it for a week 1st time , u get it

is not easy with the exactly tab, with many arpegios, a solo with distorsion... with chords is very easy, but One is really easy with chords too, but with the electric guitar is very difficult (specially the beggining).

P.D: I'm very bad with English XD

GonzaU2-Spain said:
is not easy with the exactly tab, with many arpegios, a solo with distorsion... with chords is very easy, but One is really easy with chords too, but with the electric guitar is very difficult (specially the beggining).

P.D: I'm very bad with English XD

Dude still All I want is you very easy with tab ........ The solo is only 2 strings , and almost no finger movement , only the time of string hittin correct

But I thought this thread was bout easy songs = acoustic songs

Pero said:
-all along the watchtower is three chords
And the truth!

All Because of You is quite easy too.
E - A - D for the chorusses and D - A, Bm - A, D-A for the verses.

Even the solo is easy, I can tab it for you if you if you want. It can be done by playing it on two strings ( stretched over the whole neck ) or over 4 strings ( in position). The one over the whole neck is the easiest IMO though.

Guitar: Vertigo is pretty easy I think.

Bass Guitar:
i'd say with or without you is REALLY easy to learn for bass guitar. D - A- B- G. pretty simple.

I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking For is a little harder than With or Without You on Bass, but it is so fun to play!

i will follow is the simplest youre going to get
and an cat dubh isnt bad at all
Boy stuff i reccomend :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom