Drum Tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sligo U2 fan

The Fly
bought a drum kit today,to complete the list,i play:guitar,bass,piano and now learning drums,any1 no any decent U2 easy drum tabs

gotta say, most drum tabs i've seen are simply wrong, or cause you to play like a constipated fish. You'd do well to listen closely to the drums first before relying on drum tab

yeah,thats what ive been doing,especially with WOWY,most tabs say larry uses the snare,..he uses a tabourine type yokey...yoke :(

I'm a drummer!

Easier ones are most of the Boy stuff. Zoo Station is easy too.

As far as Larry's drumming ability goes, his technical ability is not out of this world. What makes him good is his ability to be so rock solid... Zoo station is technically simple but its so solidly played its like a Train coming - unstoppable.. this is where his skill is..... The other thing that sets him apart is his mental approach to playing,, the guy is an artist. Check out tracks like the Fly, most of UF/JT and Pop. All of these albums are filled with standard 4-4 rhthyms being played in a style which is different, and yet compliments the edge and Adam perfectly in an off-the-wall kinda way.

He is not trapped into thinking of the drums in the traditional sense. As with the Edge, they are both very sublime, left of centre players.

:bonodrum:

when i was learning songs the easiest u2 songs i picked up were beautiful day, WOWY and I will follow.

partygirlvox said:
when i was learning songs the easiest u2 songs i picked up were beautiful day, WOWY and I will follow.

wowy is preety easy,so is iwf,love playing iwf on drums and guitar,gets the blood really goin!!:drool:

Thanks for the tip on Boy being an easy album. I am learning drums too! I LOVE it. First song I'm learning to play all the way through is Sunday Bloody Sunday and it is SO fun to play. It's not too hard, either, exept I'm having a little trouble figuring out some of the more complicated stuff he does towards the end. But for the most part it was fun to learn and challenging enough but not so much that it was frustrating...Although I have had a friend teaching me to play it, and he's pretty good at breeaking it it down for me.

Anyone have any good (accurate) tabs on this one? I'm mostly using live performances to learn it (UBRS and Vertigo Chicago DVD).

Yay drummers!!

junkydog said:
As far as Larry's drumming ability goes, his technical ability is not out of this world. What makes him good is his ability to be so rock solid... Zoo station is technically simple but its so solidly played its like a Train coming - unstoppable.. this is where his skill is..... The other thing that sets him apart is his mental approach to playing,, the guy is an artist. Check out tracks like the Fly, most of UF/JT and Pop. All of these albums are filled with standard 4-4 rhthyms being played in a style which is different, and yet compliments the edge and Adam perfectly in an off-the-wall kinda way.

He is not trapped into thinking of the drums in the traditional sense. As with the Edge, they are both very sublime, left of centre players.

:bonodrum:

Well said! I think that is what is making it so fun for me to learn the drums. I like lots of different music but U2 makes up so much of my live video material from which I can imitate. And it's working out really well because Larry has so much stuff that is not to technically difficult, yet never boring -- as may be the case with other artist's songs. It has been great fun to have Larry as a teacher. :)

I feel like my intro into the drumming world has been nothing but positive. It is murder on my back and my TMJ -- But I love it!

I always have fun playing Mysterious Ways, The Fly, Angel of Harlem, and Gone.

phillyfan26 said:
I always have fun playing Mysterious Ways, The Fly, Angel of Harlem, and Gone.

I :love: :love: playing Angel of Harlem and Gone on the Drums:drool:

Like A Song is by far my favorite song to play on the drums though
:heart:

Back
Top Bottom