Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again? - Page 43 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:02 PM   #841
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

I love Tomorrow Never Knows. And Eleanor Rigby and Blackbird and Norwegian Wood and Love you To or one of those songs that has a similar title... and Walrus. And Dear Prudence.

Been a while since I gave Sgt Peppers or the White Album a listen... or whichever one Day in the Life is on, if it's not them.
A Day in the Life is the closing track on Sgt. Pepper's.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:03 PM   #842
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Goddamnit. I go to make lunch, and as I'm getting bread out of the freezer, I managed to launch a plastic container out at great speed onto the floor and smash it.
Oops.

(not laughing at all)

Old 02-23-2008, 11:03 PM   #843
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Fully agree. The Beatles are a very mixed bag to me. Their early stuff is pure pop, and I'm a person who solely listens to rock.

"A Day in the Life" is a great song.
It shits me that the Beatles came along and knocked the Shadows off the top of the British charts. Not only are the Shadows one of my favourite bands, but it totally fucked over instrumental music in the popular consciousness ever since.

Can't remember A Day In The Life off the top of my head. Maybe I should give it a play. Or ... maybe not.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 11:03 PM   #844
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Chocolate gummi bears?

I had a key lime white choc chip cookie the other day. That was pretty
they're just gummi bears covered in chocolate. i love gummi bears and i'd never seen them dipped in chocolate so i thought i'd buy them. they're good, and i love chocolate but it's no comparison to regular old gummi bears.

oooh i love key lime stuff, as you can probably tell.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:03 PM   #845
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
A Day in the Life is the closing track on Sgt. Pepper's.
See, I knew that...
Old 02-23-2008, 11:04 PM   #846
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Oops.

(not laughing at all)
me either.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #847
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Oops.

(not laughing at all)
That container had the leftover apple that I hadn't used in making the muffins you enjoyed this time last week too!

Well, actually, the container and apple largely survived. Nothing got on the floor. I'm keeping it in the freezer now, but once I've used the apple, the container is a total writeoff.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #848
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:32 AM
i enjoy being an album virgin and hearing the first track on the radio new to my ears .

and hyperventialting as i listen to it!

i remember listening to vertigo the first time bouncing around on my bed like a fucking maniac.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #849
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
It shits me that the Beatles came along and knocked the Shadows off the top of the British charts. Not only are the Shadows one of my favourite bands, but it totally fucked over instrumental music in the popular consciousness ever since.

Can't remember A Day In The Life off the top of my head. Maybe I should give it a play. Or ... maybe not.
"I read the news today, oh boy..."

That one.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #850
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Apache ...

My mum has Shadows records (and Beatles ones). She used to play the Shadows when I was a very small person, and I loved it. *nostalgia*
Old 02-23-2008, 11:07 PM   #851
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
That container had the leftover apple that I hadn't used in making the muffins you enjoyed this time last week too!
what kind of apple? this is very important.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:07 PM   #852
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Well, I aim to go see them if they don't come here. Or at least, I aim to go to Dublin/London anyway, and then an Aussie tour will be a bonus.

Barracking for a weak US$
Oh, that's right, of course. I'm going to see how my financial situation holds up and I might consider some travel too. Haven't been to Europe, and I'd love to go back to Boston and see a bit more the US, despite how much I mouth off about fuckin' Yanks here.

Quote:
I'm still staying well clear of "Where the Album Has No Name" though. Definitely want to be an album virgin.
Yeah ... you could already be seriously spoiled right now ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 11:08 PM   #853
Blue Crack Supplier

I can't download any of the recordings, so I still have no idea about this new sound. Molten metal?
Old 02-23-2008, 11:08 PM   #854
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
i remember listening to vertigo the first time bouncing around on my bed like a fucking maniac.
Someone at the job I had at the time had to draw my attention to a new U2 single. I heard it over the radio at work, and I couldn't really listen closely, but I remember thinking "Eh, sounds pretty good, nothing shocking".

I got given Bomb for my b'day that year, but was too afraid to listen to it for months.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:08 PM   #855
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I had to get fairly comfortable with maps on all those geology field trips... I can't say I love them, but I can read them.
I'm a total geography nerd. Ever since I was little, I've loved scouring maps. Give me a map of a new area and I will be amused for hours. Google Maps was the best and worst thing to ever happen to me. Especially the satellite and topographical views.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #856
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I can't download any of the recordings, so I still have no idea about this new sound. Molten metal?
Molten punk Beatles metal from Venus, man.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 11:11 PM   #857
Blue Crack Supplier

Shut the fuck up, Bono! That doesn't mean anything!
Old 02-23-2008, 11:11 PM   #858
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

what kind of apple? this is very important.
Who knows! I just use apple from a tin. "Apple and cinnamon", it's called. I've found that once I've cooked the hell out of my muffins, there's no notable taste difference between using real apples and the stuff from the tin, so I use the stuff from the tin as it's easier that way.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 11:12 PM   #859
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Shut the fuck up, Bono! That doesn't mean anything!
OK then.

Bono sings about the politics of 8th century Wales.

Edge plays a 3 minute long solo in 29/16 time.

Adam is actually on a ukulele.

Larry fucking hates the band and has quit.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 11:13 PM   #860
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
i enjoy being a[...] virgin
I call bullshit!

Gig pictures | Blog
Closed Thread