Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i prefer metric, because it's so easy. freezing/melting point is 0 degrees. everything is based on ten for distance and such.

we tried to convert in the 70s but apparently it didn't go over well. stubborn yanks :coocoo:

KhanadaRhodes said:
hehe, exactly! i remember her dad wouldn't let her drive on the interstate. and after seeing the interstate in nashville, i can't say i totally blame him. the first time we drove to nashville, we were flipping out because where we stayed was in the middle of all the junctions so we were in the wrong lane so we got on the wrong interstate and it was chaotic for a minute.

now that we've been a few times though, i've got it down to a science. i get on and i'm like "left, right, left, right" and i know what do. :drool:

When I was in Nashville, there was a shitload of roadworks going on too, so it was especially chaotic. Still, I think if we'd planned things better and pressed our case more, we probably could've made it to Memphis. But then it just got too late in the trip. :(

KhanadaRhodes said:
i prefer metric, because it's so easy. freezing/melting point is 0 degrees. everything is based on ten for distance and such.

we tried to convert in the 70s but apparently it didn't go over well. stubborn yanks :coocoo:

Apparently metrification is still the official policy of the US government but nobody's doing anything about it.

What I love is every argument for why metrification didn't succeed in the US but has EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD basically boils down to "Americans were too stupid". Even when it's trying to deny it, just strip it back to its core and that's what it is.

phillyfan26 said:

I was born in early January. Mid-winter in our part of the world. The Blizzard of '96 (2 feet of snow) happened the night before I turned 5. I was snowed in for my birthday.

That's just insane. And I have such a hard time imagining a January birthday in winter. It doesn't seem right. Just like you oddballs having Christmas in winter.

phillyfan26 said:
We're out of the way, so I don't think they mind.

Also, we have a moderator, so there's that.

We're doing no harm.

I hope so! This has been too much fun. I haven't had so much fun online in a long while.

Axver said:
That's just insane. And I have such a hard time imagining a January birthday in winter. It doesn't seem right. Just like you oddballs having Christmas in winter.

I'm tempted to take a photograph of my front lawn at this moment and send it to you, because:

A) There'd be no leaves on the trees.
2) It's nighttime.
Finally) There's snow on the ground.

phillyfan26 said:
We're just incredibly stubborn I think.

I'd have thought that Brits are far more stubborn. I mean, they're more known for tradition than the US. But even they've moved on.

Axver said:
When I was in Nashville, there was a shitload of roadworks going on too, so it was especially chaotic. Still, I think if we'd planned things better and pressed our case more, we probably could've made it to Memphis. But then it just got too late in the trip. :(
yeeeees, when we drove to nashville in july of 05, they were doing it then too. luckily my mom had contacts there so we were forewarned. they're done with it now and it looks awesome :drool:

phillyfan26 said:

I'm tempted to take a photograph of my front lawn at this moment and send it to you, because:

A) There'd be no leaves on the trees.
2) It's nighttime.
Finally) There's snow on the ground.

... that's just too weird.

I've never actually lived anywhere where it's snowed during my time there. :(

Incidentally, re: trees, that's the other thing that got me about moving from Queensland to Melbourne - there's actually deciduous trees here. I'm sure I spelt that wrong. But anyway, it seems almost everything in Queensland is evergreen!

Axver said:
Apparently metrification is still the official policy of the US government but nobody's doing anything about it.

What I love is every argument for why metrification didn't succeed in the US but has EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD basically boils down to "Americans were too stupid". Even when it's trying to deny it, just strip it back to its core and that's what it is.
yeah, i've heard about that. how lame.

i personally find metric to be so much easier than imperial. i can tell you how many centimetres are in a metre, but i'd struggle with how many feet are in a mile. imperial measurements are so weird. how many cups are in a pint? a quart? a gallon? i always have to look at my conversion thing when cooking when they're like "add one pint of cream" so i know how many cups that is :reject:

Axver said:

... that's just too weird.

I've never actually lived anywhere where it's snowed during my time there. :(

Incidentally, re: trees, that's the other thing that got me about moving from Queensland to Melbourne - there's actually deciduous trees here. I'm sure I spelt that wrong. But anyway, it seems almost everything in Queensland is evergreen!

I'd be OK with not seeing it for a few years.

It's interesting stuff when you're young. Once you have a car, it's nothing but a pain in the ass.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, i've heard about that. how lame.

i personally find metric to be so much easier than imperial. i can tell you how many centimetres are in a metre, but i'd struggle with how many feet are in a mile. imperial measurements are so weird. how many cups are in a pint? a quart? a gallon? i always have to look at my conversion thing when cooking when they're like "add one pint of cream" so i know how many cups that is :reject:

EXACTLY. Imperial makes fuck-all sense and I don't know why people would want to stick with it. The argument of "we're used to it" is just stupid. Give it a couple of months and you'll soon be used to the new system. And it's not that hard to convert road speed limit signs and so forth. EVERYWHERE ELSE DID IT. FFS. If America's as great and smart as it thinks it is, it should be able to metrify in a flash.

phillyfan26 said:

I'd be OK with not seeing it for a few years.

It's interesting stuff when you're young. Once you have a car, it's nothing but a pain in the ass.

I'll trade you our heat for your snow.

I'll never have a car! :happy:

Axver said:
EXACTLY. Imperial makes fuck-all sense and I don't know why people would want to stick with it. The argument of "we're used to it" is just stupid. Give it a couple of months and you'll soon be used to the new system. And it's not that hard to convert road speed limit signs and so forth. EVERYWHERE ELSE DID IT. FFS. If America's as great and smart as it thinks it is, it should be able to metrify in a flash.
yes, and not to mention our cars' speedometres all have mph and kph on them, so it'd just be looking at one number instead of another. and luckily 40 kph is much slower than 40 mph so it's not like someone would go tearing down the road after the conversion feigning ignorance. if anything, people would go slower for a bit, which isn't all bad.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yes, and not to mention our cars' speedometres all have mph and kph on them, so it'd just be looking at one number instead of another. and luckily 40 kph is much slower than 40 mph so it's not like someone would go tearing down the road after the conversion feigning ignorance. if anything, people would go slower for a bit, which isn't all bad.

Yes, but then again, you have what, 60 million or so who voted for Bush. Reading a different number may just be a struggle for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom