Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

I love Tomorrow Never Knows. And Eleanor Rigby and Blackbird and Norwegian Wood and Love you To or one of those songs that has a similar title... and Walrus. :D And Dear Prudence.

Been a while since I gave Sgt Peppers or the White Album a listen... or whichever one Day in the Life is on, if it's not them. :reject:

A Day in the Life is the closing track on Sgt. Pepper's.

Axver said:
Goddamnit. I go to make lunch, and as I'm getting bread out of the freezer, I managed to launch a plastic container out at great speed onto the floor and smash it. :|
Oops. :|

(not laughing at all)

phillyfan26 said:
Fully agree. The Beatles are a very mixed bag to me. Their early stuff is pure pop, and I'm a person who solely listens to rock.

"A Day in the Life" is a great song.

It shits me that the Beatles came along and knocked the Shadows off the top of the British charts. Not only are the Shadows one of my favourite bands, but it totally fucked over instrumental music in the popular consciousness ever since.

Can't remember A Day In The Life off the top of my head. Maybe I should give it a play. Or ... maybe not.

Alisaura said:
Chocolate gummi bears? :hmm:

I had a key lime white choc chip cookie the other day. That was pretty :drool:
they're just gummi bears covered in chocolate. i love gummi bears and i'd never seen them dipped in chocolate so i thought i'd buy them. they're good, and i love chocolate but it's no comparison to regular old gummi bears.

oooh :drool: i love key lime stuff, as you can probably tell.

Alisaura said:

Oops. :|

(not laughing at all)

That container had the leftover apple that I hadn't used in making the muffins you enjoyed this time last week too!

Well, actually, the container and apple largely survived. Nothing got on the floor. I'm keeping it in the freezer now, but once I've used the apple, the container is a total writeoff.

i enjoy being an album virgin and hearing the first track on the radio new to my ears .

and hyperventialting as i listen to it!

i remember listening to vertigo the first time bouncing around on my bed like a fucking maniac.

Axver said:
It shits me that the Beatles came along and knocked the Shadows off the top of the British charts. Not only are the Shadows one of my favourite bands, but it totally fucked over instrumental music in the popular consciousness ever since.

Can't remember A Day In The Life off the top of my head. Maybe I should give it a play. Or ... maybe not.

"I read the news today, oh boy..."

That one.

Axver said:
Apache ... :drool:

My mum has Shadows records (and Beatles ones). She used to play the Shadows when I was a very small person, and I loved it. :heart: *nostalgia*

Alisaura said:

Well, I aim to go see them if they don't come here. Or at least, I aim to go to Dublin/London anyway, and then an Aussie tour will be a bonus.

Barracking for a weak US$ :wink:

Oh, that's right, of course. I'm going to see how my financial situation holds up and I might consider some travel too. Haven't been to Europe, and I'd love to go back to Boston and see a bit more the US, despite how much I mouth off about fuckin' Yanks here.

I'm still staying well clear of "Where the Album Has No Name" though. Definitely want to be an album virgin. :yes:

Yeah ... you could already be seriously spoiled right now ...

I can't download any of the recordings, so I still have no idea about this new sound. Molten metal? :shrug:

mysterious_jen said:
i remember listening to vertigo the first time bouncing around on my bed like a fucking maniac.
Someone at the job I had at the time had to draw my attention to a new U2 single. I heard it over the radio at work, and I couldn't really listen closely, but I remember thinking "Eh, sounds pretty good, nothing shocking".

I got given Bomb for my b'day that year, but was too afraid to listen to it for months. :reject:

Alisaura said:

I had to get fairly comfortable with maps on all those geology field trips... I can't say I love them, but I can read them.

I'm a total geography nerd. Ever since I was little, I've loved scouring maps. Give me a map of a new area and I will be amused for hours. Google Maps was the best and worst thing to ever happen to me. Especially the satellite and topographical views.

phillyfan26 said:
I can't download any of the recordings, so I still have no idea about this new sound. Molten metal? :shrug:

Molten punk Beatles metal from Venus, man.

KhanadaRhodes said:

what kind of apple? this is very important.

Who knows! I just use apple from a tin. "Apple and cinnamon", it's called. I've found that once I've cooked the hell out of my muffins, there's no notable taste difference between using real apples and the stuff from the tin, so I use the stuff from the tin as it's easier that way.

phillyfan26 said:
:scream: Shut the fuck up, Bono! That doesn't mean anything!

OK then.

Bono sings about the politics of 8th century Wales.

Edge plays a 3 minute long solo in 29/16 time.

Adam is actually on a ukulele.

Larry fucking hates the band and has quit.

Axver said:
Who knows! I just use apple from a tin. "Apple and cinnamon", it's called. I've found that once I've cooked the hell out of my muffins, there's no notable taste difference between using real apples and the stuff from the tin, so I use the stuff from the tin as it's easier that way.
sick.

Axver said:
OK then.

Bono sings about the politics of 8th century Wales.

Edge plays a 3 minute long solo in 29/16 time.

Adam is actually on a ukulele.

Larry fucking hates the band and has quit.
:drool:

I've also learned not to believe/listen to a damn thing Bono says in the year or two leading up to each album. :tsk:

So, is Ringo busy these days?

Hey, Ali, Jen, guess what, it's your favourite time of summer - CRICKET TIME! :happy:

Holy shit, Australia's going nuts.

Alisaura said:

:drool:

I've also learned not to believe/listen to a damn thing Bono says in the year or two leading up to each album. :tsk:

So, is Ringo busy these days?

Yeah, if you listen to Bono, you might as well go buy any album that ISN'T U2's, as it's more likely to sound akin to his hype than what U2 put out.

Ringo's reading Thomas The Tank for me!

Axver said:
Hey, Ali, Jen, guess what, it's your favourite time of summer - CRICKET TIME! :happy:
:yuck:

I have a headache. Between the blue crack and not eating, this is not good.

I need to go outside and pretend to excercise.

*prepares to pry self from Alison-shaped depression in chair*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom