Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again? - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 07:25 PM   #561
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
We had an ancient substitute teacher who was in his 70s... he was supposed to teach us Indonesian occasionally but instead he told us probably apocryphal stories about WWII or whatever happened to take his fancy. That was cool.
Wow, Indonesian? That would've been interesting. All I ever had offered was Japanese and German. All I wanted to do was French and Latin! One of the maths teachers actually was qualified to teach French but the school only wanted him to teach maths.

Oh, and of course I did Maori in primary school in New Zealand. Wish I'd learnt more of that, really.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #562
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
horrible, horrible students who made the token Kiwi want to go home.
i know how you feel

Old 02-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #563
Vocal parasite

Quote:
You're not making me feel any better about missing this.

Want me to e-mail you live updates?

Hey, e-mail wouldn't get me 45ed like I'm getting right now.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #564
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
i finished all my projects half an hour early! now i get to devote all my time on this thread until it's time to leave
We're all doomed now!

Actually, I probably should do some dishes soon. Or clean up the lounge. It's a bit messier than I'd really like.

Truth be told, I should mop the floor in the kitchen, but FUCK OFF. I did that far too recently for that to reasonably need to be done again. I fucking hate lino.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #565
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:40 PM
Quote:

That's great. So were your other stories. I had one great teacher - the one I met up with - who was getting pissed off with the state curriculum being useless. There was one unit he didn't want to teach and had a better idea of something more useful instead. He said he was tempted to write our essays for us - he only had to submit five for external verification, one for each grade. He knew our writing styles and could've easily faked essays, and he was going to just give us our average mark. As it turned out, he did teach the unit with his own spin on it, partly because I wanted to do it and told him as much, but I have to wonder if he's actually pulled that trick since I left ...

Love it!
Old 02-23-2008, 07:28 PM   #566
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
We're all doomed now!

Actually, I probably should do some dishes soon. Or clean up the lounge. It's a bit messier than I'd really like.

Truth be told, I should mop the floor in the kitchen, but FUCK OFF. I did that far too recently for that to reasonably need to be done again. I fucking hate lino.
hehe sorry, when i get to type names like boner, kooch, and cox, the work just flies by
Old 02-23-2008, 07:28 PM   #567
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
And other guy who was fat and a miserable bastard who got nicknamed the walrus.
Koo koo kachoo?
Old 02-23-2008, 07:28 PM   #568
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:

Which included me one day when she discovered I was drawing maps in my English book rather than doing some boring poetry-related task ...
I personally would have taken the poetry.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:29 PM   #569
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
i finished all my projects half an hour early! now i get to devote all my time on this thread until it's time to leave
Old 02-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #570
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i only wish i'd come in early so i could leave early

on my way here, i was stuck behind some slow fucker who could've gone a lot faster if he'd stop looking at whatever the hell was going on in his passenger seat!
Old 02-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #571
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Primary school in Australia: Good curriculum and teachers for the most part, but horrible, horrible students who made the token Kiwi want to go home.
Agreed 100%.

High school in NZ: Great after the first two years, you finally got respect from the teachers. Too much focus on sports though - we had a geography trip to the Gold Coast cancelled because it would have taken us out of class for too long while the sports teams would be pretty much allowed to disappear for weeks at a time.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #572
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Wow, Indonesian? That would've been interesting. All I ever had offered was Japanese and German. All I wanted to do was French and Latin! One of the maths teachers actually was qualified to teach French but the school only wanted him to teach maths.
Indonesian was the stock-standard LOTE offered where I went to school... in secondary school we could choose German, which I really should have picked since I went on to try it at Uni. But Indonesian seemed easier... and it was.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #573
Vocal parasite

Quote:

hehe sorry, when i get to type names like boner, kooch, and cox, the work just flies by
One last name in my family is Cockburn.

PRONOUNCED COBURN, PEOPLE.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #574
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

ich liebe deutsch
Old 02-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #575
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
One last name in my family is Cockburn.

PRONOUNCED COBURN, PEOPLE.
cockburn makes me think of just another variation of the term burn, ice burn, etc. "oooh, you got cockburned!"
Old 02-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #576
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
ich liebe deutsch
I learned German in high school then forgot it in college. So is the circle of a language's life.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #577
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
High school in NZ: Great after the first two years, you finally got respect from the teachers. Too much focus on sports though - we had a geography trip to the Gold Coast cancelled because it would have taken us out of class for too long while the sports teams would be pretty much allowed to disappear for weeks at a time.
WTF, really? That's just insane. My geography class got to go to the Great Barrier Reef but I had to stay home because the risk of me getting horribly sunburnt doing all their FUN AWESOME SOUNDING ACTIVITIES ON A CORAL REEF was far too high.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #578
Blue Crack Addict

Location: deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trauma theory
Du ist schitze.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #579
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Koo koo kachoo?

One of the people in my class one day yelled out "HI WALRUS....oh shit, that's not his name!" and ran like hell.

In our first year the storage closet was considered his personal room because he got sent there so much.

As a class we never took our art or music classes seriously and for a while we were told we were possibly the worst third form class the school could remember - which was a mistake because we wore it like a badge of honour!
Old 02-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #580
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Want me to e-mail you live updates?

Hey, e-mail wouldn't get me 45ed like I'm getting right now.
What would be really cool is if you did that AND I could cue the songs up on my mp3 player... but one downside of it's cheapness is that it puts songs on there in a totally arbitrary order that has very little bearing on track numbers or song titles or anything. So it'd take me forever scrolling through 350 tracks for each one...

... Unless I knew the set beforehand and could at least put them all in the same folder.

Closed Thread